Observations from scrimmages

TexazBall

How did your team look from the scrimmmage. I know is just a glorified practice and coaches aren't showing much,  but how did you feel your team look? Better then you thought or not as good as you thought?

Ill start it off

I was able to make it to 1 game Thursday night (#2South Panola vs #1Clinton, Mississippi)  a few scrimmages (Memorial, LCM, Legacy, Kelly) and a few practices (Westbrook, Central) around the area and just my opinion (correct me if I'm wrong) but Just going by my observations (hurts to say lol) Westbrook is the best team in this area. I went to the practice this morning with a friend of mine and really liked what I saw as far as just athleticism and size on the outside...

Cant knock West Brook, but you cant throw out WOS. I don't believe West Brook is the best Team in the area. To be the team you have to  Beat the team and it all starts with defense and that my friend is what WOS builds around year in year out. Lose some players, fine next man up do your job, plain and simple. We have some very good talented teams in the golden triangle area, PAM always has a stable full of horses, I think if they had Better coaching they would be a force not that they aren't a challenge as they are now!

Observation from Clevelands scrimmage is that they have the most explosive skill players they've had in years. They aren't small but not huge up front.  They moved down the field with ease every drive but kept making mistakes that stalled the drive once they got inside the 30. If they can stop shooting themselves in the foot they could light up the scoreboard this season.

7 hours ago, biaplayer said:

Cant knock West Brook, but you cant throw out WOS. I don't believe West Brook is the best Team in the area. To be the team you have to  Beat the team and it all starts with defense and that my friend is what WOS builds around year in year out. Lose some players, fine next man up do your job, plain and simple. We have some very good talented teams in the golden triangle area, PAM always has a stable full of horses, I think if they had Better coaching they would be a force not that they aren't a challenge as they are now!

No argument here my friend , just an opinion..I do agree tho, Pound for pound year in and year out W.O.S is probably Andy most likely the best team in the area 

5 hours ago, Kegger said:

Observation from Clevelands scrimmage is that they have the most explosive skill players they've had in years. They aren't small but not huge up front.  They moved down the field with ease every drive but kept making mistakes that stalled the drive once they got inside the 30. If they can stop shooting themselves in the foot they could light up the scoreboard this season.

This could be a good year for you guys to compete. So far, other than Silsbee I wouldn't consider anybody as a "lock" for the playoffs. LCM should be in the mix, we could, but who knows about Huffman or Navasota. 

Besides... y'all really should make the playoffs at least once out of this district before the UIL moves y'all to 5A. 

18 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

This could be a good year for you guys to compete. So far, other than Silsbee I wouldn't consider anybody as a "lock" for the playoffs. LCM should be in the mix, we could, but who knows about Huffman or Navasota. 

Besides... y'all really should make the playoffs at least once out of this district before the UIL moves y'all to 5A. 

Saw Navasota Friday night and they are gonna be better than last year. How much better idk lol