No conversation about the FL airport shooting?

Remmus

24 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

What difference does it make if there is a Muslim community or not?  Never really thought about a wall to the north, just think there is more trouble coming in from the south, jmo. Why does the US have to let people come and go as they please?  As far as Berlin, I think there is a huge difference between a wall in a city and one dividing countries.

The problem is in the south because Canada has more free stuff than we do

Response to question from Remmus on page 1:

She is a beautiful second generation American.  Her family is from Matehuala, San Luis Potosi, Mexico.  White Hispanic = American citizen classified as white and of Hispanic decent. My wife says the term refers to Hispanic people with lighter skin tones and European decent, e.g., Spain, vs. Hispanics with darker skin tones and non-European decent.  My wife would be the latter...and did I say, she is beautiful!  One more time, she is beautiful.  She is more conservative than me...I'm trying to bring her over from the far right...back to the center.

Go Indians.  Peace.

16 hours ago, baddog said:

From the article.....

This murder rampage was carefully planned. He flew for Alaska to FLA via MPS-St Paul. The media are portraying the shooter as 'having mental issues'. But the act was too cold and calculating for someone with mental issues.

Actually, some people with mental issues are very cunning, bordering on genius.

This is probably a reference to a case of insanity. 

Some people say that anyone committing a horrific crime has mental issues. That is likely true. This issue is not "issues" but "insanity". 

Under both state and federal statutes the term insanity when used as a defense to crime, the person committing the crime is not responsible because of "severe mental disease or defect" (TX and US both use the same term) kept the person from knowing that he was committing a crime. Ignorance of a crime is not a defense but if the person is insane and has not clue that he is committing a crime, he is not guilty. 

The careful planning and it being cold and calculated does not mean that he has no mental issues. It does mean that he can almost never have an insanity defense. There is a huge difference under criminal law between having a mental defect and due to such a defect has no clue that he is breaking a law. If a person tries to cover up a crime, plans an escape or any other such activities then he is not insane under criminal law in my opinion. Think of something that is not a crime and a normal routine. Maybe washing dishes or putting gasoline in the car for a long trip. You would not go out of your way to hide that you are washing dishes or that you are gassing up a car. The reason is that you will not go to jail for those actions. A person that is insane should have the same demeanor. He will go about a normal routine because as far as he knows, it is not a crime. 

17 hours ago, 1989NDN said:

Response to question from Remmus on page 1:

She is a beautiful second generation American.  Her family is from Matehuala, San Luis Potosi, Mexico.  White Hispanic = American citizen classified as white and of Hispanic decent. My wife says the term refers to Hispanic people with lighter skin tones and European decent, e.g., Spain, vs. Hispanics with darker skin tones and non-European decent.  My wife would be the latter...and did I say, she is beautiful!  One more time, she is beautiful.  She is more conservative than me...I'm trying to bring her over from the far right...back to the center.

Go Indians.  Peace.

Thank you for clarifying.  I don't anybody in here would say a lighter complected person is any more beautiful than a darker complected person...just based on skin color.  Have you caught any flack from family, friends, co-workers because your wife is non-European?  

20 hours ago, Remmus said:

Thank you for clarifying.  I don't anybody in here would say a lighter complected person is any more beautiful than a darker complected person...just based on skin color.  Have you caught any flack from family, friends, co-workers because your wife is non-European?  

Got to be kidding, right?

On 1/8/2017 at 8:29 PM, 1989NDN said:
22 hours ago, Remmus said:

Never.

Go Indians.  Peace.

On 1/8/2017 at 4:16 AM, tvc184 said:

This is probably a reference to a case of insanity. 

Some people say that anyone committing a horrific crime has mental issues. That is likely true. This issue is not "issues" but "insanity". 

Under both state and federal statutes the term insanity when used as a defense to crime, the person committing the crime is not responsible because of "severe mental disease or defect" (TX and US both use the same term) kept the person from knowing that he was committing a crime. Ignorance of a crime is not a defense but if the person is insane and has not clue that he is committing a crime, he is not guilty. 

The careful planning and it being cold and calculated does not mean that he has no mental issues. It does mean that he can almost never have an insanity defense. There is a huge difference under criminal law between having a mental defect and due to such a defect has no clue that he is breaking a law. If a person tries to cover up a crime, plans an escape or any other such activities then he is not insane under criminal law in my opinion. Think of something that is not a crime and a normal routine. Maybe washing dishes or putting gasoline in the car for a long trip. You would not go out of your way to hide that you are washing dishes or that you are gassing up a car. The reason is that you will not go to jail for those actions. A person that is insane should have the same demeanor. He will go about a normal routine because as far as he knows, it is not a crime. 

Cool post. What did I miss with my post again?