Question for our new "Centrist"

stevenash

1 hour ago, Remmus said:

If you believe that ALL these killing were the result of young men that had it coming, you're probably not being as objective about the issue as should be.  Just my two cents.

No one ever said that. The bigger problem is the ones who believe that ALL of them were murdered.

5 minutes ago, Remmus said:

Come on man, gimme a hug...lol.  Yeah, I agree.  Only level heads can really make progress to solve the issue. 

And who are the level heads? Some people think that socialized healthcare is the "level-headed" way to go, which I think is preposterous and beyond consideration. In fact, I find it childish, simple minded and deplorable. So who is level headed? To make progress on this issue, maybe we need to define what is considered level-headed. And there lies the conundrum.

8 minutes ago, Englebert said:

And who are the level heads? Some people think that socialized healthcare is the "level-headed" way to go, which I think is preposterous and beyond consideration. In fact, I find it childish, simple minded and deplorable. So who is level headed? To make progress on this issue, maybe we need to define what is considered level-headed. And there lies the conundrum.

I think people who trust the private sector to manage health care are not level headed or rational (ON THIS TOPIC, not all topics) especially after all the evidence of the private sector diminishing care and not improving.  Also we have companies playing games with part time vs full time status to avoid adding people to company plans.  This was before "Obamacare."  One reason we don't have universal health care is the wealthy in this country (in particular) are scared to death of a new entitlement that will increase taxes.  Plain and simple.  It has nothing to do with quality of care.  Those death panels were used to manipulate the sheeple to buy the conservative line.  

3 minutes ago, Remmus said:

I think people who trust the private sector to manage health care are not level headed or rational (ON THIS TOPIC, not all topics) especially after all the evidence of the private sector diminishing care and not improving.  Also we have companies playing games with part time vs full time status to avoid adding people to company plans.  This was before "Obamacare."  One reason we don't have universal health care is the wealthy in this country (in particular) are scared to death of a new entitlement that will increase taxes.  Plain and simple.  It has nothing to do with quality of care.  Those death panels were used to manipulate the sheeple to buy the conservative line.  

Again, there lies the conundrum. You stated earlier that level-headed people can make real progress on an issue. But the definition of "level-headed" is just in the eye of the beholder. So what you are saying seems to be "only like minds can progress on an issue". Is that correct?

7 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Again, there lies the conundrum. You stated earlier that level-headed people can make real progress on an issue. But the definition of "level-headed" is just in the eye of the beholder. So what you are saying seems to be "only like minds can progress on an issue". Is that correct?

No.  When I disagree with you please don't push the red button.   

14 minutes ago, Remmus said:

ok.

I'm guessing here, but I think you might have taken my earlier remarks for more than I meant. I said that I find the thought of socialized healthcare childish, simple-minded, deplorable and some other things. I actually don't believe that, I was trying to make the point that people can be far separated in their beliefs. Who is considered level-headed is probably going to fall with the one whose beliefs best matches "the beholder". It was not meant to be a personal jab.

37 minutes ago, Englebert said:

I'm guessing here, but I think you might have taken my earlier remarks for more than I meant. I said that I find the thought of socialized healthcare childish, simple-minded, deplorable and some other things. I actually don't believe that, I was trying to make the point that people can be far separated in their beliefs. Who is considered level-headed is probably going to fall with the one whose beliefs best matches "the beholder". It was not meant to be a personal jab.

Thanks for clarifying.  We liberals...I mean, Centrist can be sensitive....LOL!  And I'm not SuperSupremeEnlightenedHandJob.  

26 minutes ago, Remmus said:

Thanks for clarifying.  We liberals...I mean, Centrist can be sensitive....LOL!  And I'm not SuperSupremeEnlightenedHandJob.  

I should have clarified better that I was creating a hypothetical, but wanted to be semi-vague for my follow-up. I got the follow-up in but can see how it was confusing.

I'm starting to gain real confidence you're not ECO. He would have already blown up by now and revealed his true colors. Plus your spelling, punctuation and grammar are far superior (not that I care about that, just noticed the difference).