How The Mighty Have Fallen

Hagar

This is rather embarrassing, but I thought I'd share with y'all one of the many drawbacks of old age.  Everyone should excel at something.  My forte was eating, especially Holiday Dinner.  Today, we ate about noon.  And I failed miserably.  Old REB use to consume a stack of mashed potatoes that would rival Mt. Everest (often snow would accumulate on the top), and I would cover them with my wife's superb brown gravy.  The equivalent of Lake Superior.  Today, alas, the potatoes were more like a pitchers mound, with a bathtub of gravy.  How the mighty have fallen.  On the plus side, the feeling I've always gotten after eating Holiday Dinner, like I've taken a handful of sleeping pills, hasn't diminished.  On that note, a nap is imminent.  REB out.

On 11/24/2016 at 2:58 PM, REBgp said:

This is rather embarrassing, but I thought I'd share with y'all one of the many drawbacks of old age.  Everyone should excel at something.  My forte was eating, especially Holiday Dinner.  Today, we ate about noon.  And I failed miserably.  Old REB use to consume a stack of mashed potatoes that would rival Mt. Everest (often snow would accumulate on the top), and I would cover them with my wife's superb brown gravy.  The equivalent of Lake Superior.  Today, alas, the potatoes were more like a pitchers mound, with a bathtub of gravy.  How the mighty have fallen.  On the plus side, the feeling I've always gotten after eating Holiday Dinner, like I've taken a handful of sleeping pills, hasn't diminished.  On that note, a nap is imminent.  REB out.

Lol REB. Mine is dressing and a pack of those dinner rolls. The rolls aren't as good as the ones made at the Rainbow bakery on 11th street in Beaumont back in the day. They looked like miniature chefs hats. They were killer but I make due with what's out there now. Kick back in my Lay Z Boy and it's lights out.