My final thoughts on the District...

Stattrax

Coach of the Year... Mathews.....

Vidor....

He put together a team in Vidor that beat all the odds, shut the naysayers up, and put a V on the D.C. trophy.

PAM.......

Full of athletes, tons of speed... Put a 9 game streak together before being upended by Vidor... The future is bright with Hines and the Jr. QB next year.. Put a big M on the D.C. trophy.

PNG......

Who would have thunk it? A stud sophomore QB? I think its easy to say the offensive MVP of the district. P.N.G. is young and overachieved with the help of a senior led defense... The initials P.N.G. on the D.C. trophy..

Nederland......

Larry ballgame kept the dogs in it through all the turmoil.. IMO, the Dogs where the 4th best team in the district. In the thick of it until the very last minute, as always....

Central.....

Hard to knock Toby when he gets these guys in the playoff every year.. Not the best Central team I have seen, but not a pushover at any level.

Lumberton.....

Coach knows how to get these kids to play hard. Not full of athletes, but full of heart... These kids go out week after week and compete, and the Lumberton faithful follow these kids all year.

Ozen..........

Low attendance numbers show Ozen to be a 4A school. Hopefully the district gets these kids to that level. If so, Ozen will be a contender. 

Livingston....

New announcer at the field helps.... Livingston is down, but not out.. They have a few good athletes and utilize them well...

Baytown....

Hoping for these guys to get on track.. It takes time... But something will give.. These guys play hard...

In the nutshell, we all joke on this board during the season.. Its all fun and games... I am proud of all these kids and all these teams. Each team is full of its own traditions, and these kids go on to be successful in life at every level. We should all be proud of each and every one of them.. No matter what the final standings are. These kids are all winners and I wish them tons of success in life.

P.A.M. P.N.G. Vidor, Central........ I know you will represent the district well in the playoffs...... Be proud, have fun, and remember its a game...............................