Five Surprising (Good) Teams This Year

robanadana

On 10/4/2016 at 4:00 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

I personally thought the Liberty RB Brown was better than Lockhart when I attended that game a couple of weeks go.

He was really good. Don't think shepherd has played a better rb.

Honestly Shepherd graduated what was suppose to be "the" special class of 20 seniors who made up the teams that have been good for the last couple years. That and watching some of their early scrimmages and practices I did not have high hopes for them this year If I'm being honest lol. They have surely proven me wrong this year and have a pretty scrappy team that is better than they should be. They have some good good players mixed in with probably 2 that stick out.  Alot of underclassmen with them too so they should continue to build into next year. #12 Trevor Moye is a stud that I would put up against any athlete in SETX.

On October 3, 2016 at 0:15 AM, REBgp said:

If I'm not mistaken, Porter has grown considerably in recent years, as has most of that area, not in small part due to ExxonMobil's huge complex at The Woodlands.  My son lives in Porter, and it seems bigger every time I go there.  Growth is not a bad thing.  To me it indicates a nice community, and Porter certainly has some great new schools.  Personally, I'm proud of those Spartans.

According to a friend that's a teacher there they are 50 students shy of 6a last time they reported. They will be 6a in 2 years.

On October 5, 2016 at 9:03 PM, robanadana said:

Nope, I did the math on my football team to date. I was at nearly every dang game..

2009 = 7 - 4 Bi-district loss to Dayton

2010 = 2 - 8

2011 = 10 - 3 Regional Semi loss to Angleton

2012 = 9 - 2 Bi-district loss to Humble Summer Creek

2013 = 4 - 6

2014 = 3 - 7

2015 = 3 - 7

2016 = 5 - 1 so far (playoff withstanding one more victory)

Total = 43 - 38 since 2009. You want the scores? Yeah, I put 46 but everyone has a typo (except for you, I'm sure). Check the math and let's wager?

BTW, is this the same as the bogus facts on ranking Vidor over Barbers Hill? I was the first to rank Barbers Hill. I can copy and paste if needed.

5-2 this season how bout dat for math. 

10 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

According to a friend that's a teacher there they are 50 students shy of 6a last time they reported. They will be 6a in 2 years.

Not true. Porter started this year well under 2150 ( the 6a cutoff) is 6A next alignment possible yes. Is it  a guarantee no. 

On October 8, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Eagles12 said:

Not true. Porter started this year well under 2150 ( the 6a cutoff) is 6A next alignment possible yes. Is it  a guarantee no. 

K My source is a bit better given they know the first day numbers. And teachers are told this sort of information at the beginning of the year. 

On 10/8/2016 at 10:43 AM, Eagles12 said:

First week of school Porter was close to 2100. Lot of shuffling since then and now they are around 1900. May not happen the next realignment, but if NCISD doesn't open a new school before the 2020 realignment, Porter will very likely be 6A.