Sept 24th, 2016 I-45 North Shootout - Dekaney High School

winwin

Here's the local team schedule for this weekends shootout at Dekaney High School

12:00 PM Beaumont Central vs. Cy-Lakes – Court 1

12:00 PM Beaumont Kelly Catholic vs. Waller – Court 3

2:00 PM Beaumont Central vs. Klein Oak – Court 2

3:00 PM Beaumont Kelly Catholic vs. GLV – Court 3

5:00 PM Beaumont Kelly Catholic vs. Cy-Lakes – Court 1

5:00 PM Beaumont Central vs. Pro-Vision – Court 3

1 hour ago, kingjames said:

IF KELLY COULD BEAT CENTRAL? KELLY WILL BEAT A LOT OF TEAMS IN AREA THEY PLAY GREAT TOGETHER AND HARD.

Having 5 seniors helps. And 4 if them have been playing both school and AAU ball together for years now. I know AAU is "the devil" Dove, but thats a lot of basketball together  to get that chemistry lol

1 hour ago, winwin said:

Having 5 seniors helps. And 4 if them have been playing both school and AAU ball together for years now. I know AAU is "the devil" Dove, but thats a lot of basketball together  to get that chemistry lol

So the starting lineup is presumably 

PG- Baker (4 Year starter)

SG-Kraemer (4 Year starter)

SF- Cannon Broussard (3 Year starter)

PF- Deryius Richards (2 Year starter)

C- Parrish Pierre (2 Year starter) One of them being at Ozen

that is a lot of varsity experience between the starting 5. They could do big things in their classification this year. 

21 minutes ago, ccsbasketballplayer said:

that is a lot of varsity experience between the starting 5. They could do big things in their classification this year. 

That's correct.

Kelly is solid ,they are deceptive because at first look most teams feel like they will just run them out the gym. Its funny to watch because teams end up being frustrated. They were playing GLV-Chris Walker team, i told coach that kid wont go left , he yelled it out to his player and he turned it over or picked up dribble.Then John K. came down and hit back to back 3's one of the parents facial expression said it all lol...he said how are they in this game we should be blowing them out..dont sleep on them they take down giants 

4 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Kelly is solid ,they are deceptive because at first look most teams feel like they will just run them out the gym. Its funny to watch because teams end up being frustrated. They were playing GLV-Chris Walker team, i told coach that kid wont go left , he yelled it out to his player and he turned it over or picked up dribble.Then John K. came down and hit back to back 3's one of the parents facial expression said it all lol...he said how are they in this game we should be blowing them out..dont sleep on them they take down giants 

Yea that guy was a little pissed. I believe he was the parent of the kid that you said couldn't go left. Dude walked out of the gym lol. But you were right...the kid couldn't go left. Not without turning the ball over 5 times!

2 hours ago, ccsbasketballplayer said:

How about Valsin (SP)  Is he still at Kelly?  I could see playing the 3,4 or 5 if needed or maybe even being a starter in place of Broussard.

5 minutes ago, BIG SHOW said:

Oh wow.. that helps them out.  Well Kelly lost some of there depth but will be just fine with the addition of Pierre. I am sure they have a few good kids to come in off the bench.  You need about 7 or 8 solid players.

We have a couple of kids that will help us coming off the bench. And a couple that are still in football that will help once we get them. But yes losing Jomard definitely hurt us and help Memorial. IF he plays basketball. There has been a lot of talk about him only playing football from now on. He even quit his AAU team over the summer

19 minutes ago, BIG SHOW said:

How about Valsin (SP)  Is he still at Kelly?  I could see playing the 3,4 or 5 if needed or maybe even being a starter in place of Broussard.

But it was our depth that lost the game against Cy Lakes Saturday. We were up 15 in the second half and then lost a starter because he was cramping up. The starting five played that whole game with the exception of the last 8 minutes

6 hours ago, kingjames said:

IF KELLY COULD BEAT CENTRAL? KELLY WILL BEAT A LOT OF TEAMS IN AREA THEY PLAY GREAT TOGETHER AND HARD.

No doubt about it.  They will be one of the better teams in this area this summer.  And I think they can play with most of the others.  I think the team that would give them the most problems would be Silsbee due to depth and the pace of play the Tigers force...

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

No doubt about it.  They will be one of the better teams in this area this summer.  And I think they can play with most of the others.  I think the team that would give them the most problems would be Silsbee due to depth and the pace of play the Tigers force...

Their depth yes. Pace of the game no. We have some guys that can go lol

1 hour ago, winwin said:

Their depth yes. Pace of the game no. We have some guys that can go lol

I meant the depth combined with pace of play.  I know you guys like up tempo but tough to keep up with that kind of depth.  Constantly getting fresh legs thrown at you.   Dove taught me the importance of fresh legs...

13 minutes ago, kingjames said:

Wonder how deep will Sigler go this year he can literally go 10 deep with ease.

He can but you lose a little chemistry playing too many people. I think he will stick with his top 8 in close games. Probably wont be many of those though lol