Sitting at #499

AggiesAreWe

6 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Not expecting it to happen this week, but the next win for Silsbee will be their 500th win in school history.

Very nice milestone which I expect to get next week against Alvin Shadow Creek at home.

Very nice I remember when PNG got there a few years back it is a big deal....... Congrats

12 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

Didn't want to start a new thread but Silsbee is mentioned in above write-up.

#500 will come. 

Stay faithful Tiger fans.  

What Stepp had to say:

Stepp: I think Silsbee fans should hold off on pushing the panic button, they may well start 1-3 after this week’s game with West Orange-Stark but the resume is still solid.  They opened with back-to-back losses to Port Neches-Groves and Newton and then beat Jasper. It’s a tough non-district slate and then you throw in the fact the Tigers are adjusting on the fly under new HC Randy Smith. Even if Silsbee starts 1-3, there’s no reason to press the panic button because – as with Navasota’s early struggles – I’d still rate the Tigers as the clear favorite in their district and among the favorites in Region III in 4A Division I.

10 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

What Stepp had to say:

Stepp: I think Silsbee fans should hold off on pushing the panic button, they may well start 1-3 after this week’s game with West Orange-Stark but the resume is still solid.  They opened with back-to-back losses to Port Neches-Groves and Newton and then beat Jasper. It’s a tough non-district slate and then you throw in the fact the Tigers are adjusting on the fly under new HC Randy Smith. Even if Silsbee starts 1-3, there’s no reason to press the panic button because – as with Navasota’s early struggles – I’d still rate the Tigers as the clear favorite in their district and among the favorites in Region III in 4A Division I.

I could not agree more the running game at Silsbee is very stout and when the level of compettiion levels off Silsbee will be better off for playing the teams that they did.  Silsbee lost to the #2 team in the state in 3a the #15 team in 5a and will play the #1 team in 4a. (I say it here and now I do no believe PNG should be ranked that high), but if you calculate that out they have lost to 3 state rankes teams whilst trying to install a new offense and coach with his new style. Silsbee will be just finbe. Their backfield is probably the most talented in all of the area.  Its easier as an outsider to see that Silsbee will be a ok come playoff time. Best of lucl Tigers