DCTF Week 3 Poll

Cougar14.2

Ill need to see PNG beat somebody before I believe they are a top 25 in 5A. The teams they beat are a combined 2-6 with Lumberton having to cancel their first game. It wont be till October 7 when they play Vidor and then the 14th when they play PAM before we can measure how good they are. The Vidor game might not even be enough either because for some reason the Pirates have a hard time beating PNG. Like Nederland has PNGs number, PNG has Vidors number. I think since 1993 the overall record is like 19-4.

Guest Aledoalumni

Manvel definitely deserves to be in the #1 spot. Most impressive resume in the state IMO. I need to pay attention to College Station. Not too worried about Georgetown because I think CS or Crosby(if they go D2) beat them. I think the top 15 are about right. I think D1R1 runs through Denton Ryan, D1R2 Highland Park, D1R3 Manvel, D1R4 Foster. D2R1 Aledo, D2R2 Lancaster, D2R3 College Station, D2R4 Calallen. Waxahachie could beat HP and if Crosby goes D2 they could beat CS but only time will tell. Also Lone Star could beat Lancaster but I have been on the Lancaster bandwagon before the season.

14 minutes ago, WinterIsComing1 said:

Manvel definitely deserves to be in the #1 spot. Most impressive resume in the state IMO. I need to pay attention to College Station. Not too worried about Georgetown because I think CS or Crosby(if they go D2) beat them. I think the top 15 are about right. I think D1R1 runs through Denton Ryan, D1R2 Highland Park, D1R3 Manvel, D1R4 Foster. D2R1 Aledo, D2R2 Lancaster, D2R3 College Station, D2R4 Calallen. Waxahachie could beat HP and if Crosby goes D2 they could beat CS but only time will tell. Also Lone Star could beat Lancaster but I have been on the Lancaster bandwagon before the season.

'Hachie already beat Highland Park and just beat Ennis 50-20, I think D1R2 definitely goes through them. Lone Star scores so many points it's hard to see Lancaster beating them unless they can get 50-60 on them. As far as Calallen, I'm still not sold on them but it's nobody down there in region 4 to beat them. Foster is definitely the region 4 D1 favorite but don't be surprised if Foster beats Angleton in district play then loses to them in the regional final.

Guest Aledoalumni
3 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

'Hachie already beat Highland Park and just beat Ennis 50-20, I think D1R2 definitely goes through them. Lone Star scores so many points it's hard to see Lancaster beating them unless they can get 50-60 on them. As far as Calallen, I'm still not sold on them but it's nobody down there in region 4 to beat them. Foster is definitely the region 4 D1 favorite but don't be surprised if Foster beats Angleton in district play then loses to them in the regional final.

I know Waxahachie beat HP but HP blew a lead and I trust them more due to the playoff experience and tradition. Lancaster has a good defense and plenty of team speed to beat LS. Lone Star will score points but Idk about that defense. 

8 minutes ago, WinterIsComing1 said:

I know Waxahachie beat HP but HP blew a lead and I trust them more due to the playoff experience and tradition. Lancaster has a good defense and plenty of team speed to beat LS. Lone Star will score points but Idk about that defense. 

Experience and tradition is one thing, having better players is another which Waxahachie has over HP right now. It was basically "we have one of the best receivers in the country and you can't stop him" which is why Reagor had over 200 yards receiving and 3tds on HP. Randy Allen probably doesn't have much or a coaching advantage over Jon Kitna either. We'll see with LS this week, Ryan has had to come back after half in every game they played so far including Lancaster. Lancaster gave up 35 and only scored 23 on Ryan, LS lights up the scoreboard this week on Ryan and I think they have to be the clear cut favorite in D2 for that region.  

Guest Aledoalumni
11 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Experience and tradition is one thing, having better players is another which Waxahachie has over HP right now. It was basically "we have one of the best receivers in the country and you can't stop him" which is why Reagor had over 200 yards receiving and 3tds on HP. Randy Allen probably doesn't have much or a coaching advantage over Jon Kitna either. We'll see with LS this week, Ryan has had to come back after half in every game they played so far including Lancaster. Lancaster gave up 35 and only scored 23 on Ryan, LS lights up the scoreboard this week on Ryan and I think they have to be the clear cut favorite in D2 for that region.  

We will see how it goes. I think HP will make the adjustments to beat Wax. Also I think LS will give Ryan a good game but Ryan is tough to beat. Three good teams had the lead and couldnt keep it to beat Denton Ryan. Should say something about them. 

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I agree with the part in bold, and that has been the case for years.  Seems they get out of region and usually get beat.

6 minutes ago, bigdog said:

I agree with the part in bold, and that has been the case for years.  Seems they get out of region and usually get beat.

Pretty telling about that region.  Callallen has been to the fourth round multiple times and been knocked out.  They made the finals once (2005) and lost.

1990: 55  Floresville 0      BD
          25  Raymondville 7      Area
          27  Austin Reagan 7     QF
          26  Austin Westlake 29      SF
1991: 41  SA Kennedy 12      BD
          55  Edcouch-Elsa 20      Area
          32  Schertz Clemens 7     Reg.
          20  Austin Westlake 25      QF
1992: 27  Mercedes 15      Area
            6  Austin Westlake 14    Reg .
1993: 24  Edcouch-Elsa 17      Area
          23  NB Canyon 14      Reg.