Week 1 thoughts

D3zii

My week 1 thought:

UofH, Cincy, BYU  will be the top 3 teams for Big 12 expansion

(UofH definetly needs to be in the Big12) 

The SEC isn't as Strong or deep as years pass

Neither Clemson or Bama will go undefeated

the Pac 12 is up in the air 

A Surprise team will make it to the playoffs 

JT Barrett and Greg Ward are dark horses to win the heisman

1 hour ago, king said:

Les Miles needs to go. 

This is Bob Stoops last year.

Georgia impressed against a good UNC team

I know Miami beat a FAMU team,but I'm seeing a well coached team. They will be a top ten team this year.

If Texas loses tonight. You can kiss the big 12 in the playoffs goodbye. 

TCU has zero defense

That is why we play the year's games.

We will see!

Hookem

1 hour ago, king said:

Les Miles needs to go. 

This is Bob Stoops last year.

Georgia impressed against a good UNC team

I know Miami beat a FAMU team,but I'm seeing a well coached team. They will be a top ten team this year.

If Texas loses tonight. You can kiss the big 12 in the playoffs goodbye. 

TCU has zero defense

Herman may have his choice between Texas, LSU, and Oklahoma next year.  Who's going to cut him the biggest check?

9 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Herman may have his choice between Texas, LSU, and Oklahoma next year.  Who's going to cut him the biggest check?

No aggy on the list?  Because Sumblin has proven he can coach up teams over the season and not collapse in October?  Oh wait... Or maybe you guys are having trouble making balloon payments and buyouts?

But the biggest check isn't the question (although no one can cut a bigger one than Daddy).  I know for a fact his "dream job" is about 160 miles west of Houston and played a large role in his non-interest in the Gamecocks job. 

42 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Pretty good week for Texas FBS football

went 10-1 in the most exciting week of CFB (only lost was Rice losing to WKU)

and

5teams should be ranked this upcoming week in the Top 25

UH,A&M,Bay,Texas,TCU

maybe a 6th?? TTech idk 

Didn't UNT lose to SMU?  Kinda doesn't count since head to head though.  

Brian Kelly was stupid last night. Kizer did greqt  first possession then pulled him??

Anyone that dismissed Charlie Strong as a coach will likely be eating their words. He's a good coach. It takes time to undo the country club culture a laissez faire coach instills at a University. We should know this more than anyone. Texas still has a long way to go, but ND, along with Oklahoma and Baylor last year, are two nice tent pole wins for the Strong going forward. There is no reason this can't be a 9-win Texas team. They just can't afford to put up stinkers against the Iowa States, Cals, TTechs, WVUs of the world like they have in the past.

I feel a lot better about the ND game after watching last night. I think we are beating FSU this year and now I think we have shot at ND(got to remember it there and they cheat). Absent more injuries, those are really our only games we should not win easily. I am thinking our big boy FB will get some yards against ND after Brad Kaaya stings them deep

To finish my week one thoughts

You had the Good , the bad, and the ugly of the freshman QBs..this weekend i was very impressed of there overall play though, especially under pressure ..(Hurts,Eason,Buechele and Francois)

Texas Defense will be really good this year..Other then the miscues and just playing a really good QB and offense in ND, Texas Young Defense looked scary good at times..The tackling still has to get better but this unit will be vastly improved from last year

I'm happy Florida State finally decided to come and play, I was starting to think Clemson was gonna run away with the ACC. The Team showed a lot of character and heart not to just let it all go down 24-3..Right before halftime That TD Francois threw with pressure coming was the game changing play to me 

Ole Miss even though the melt down at the end, will still be pretty good this year, Just has to learn how to finish..they'll be a player in the Sec West (barley) 

3 hours ago, D3zii said:

Texas Defense will be really good this year..Other then the miscues and just playing a really good QB and offense in ND, Texas Young Defense looked scary good at times..The tackling still has to get better but this unit will be vastly improved from last year

They gave up 47 points yo 

I guess coming off that 108th ranked unit last year moving up to 96th seems scary good to some. 

5 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

I guess coming off that 108th ranked unit last year moving up to 96th seems scary good to some. 

Lmao

aggy talking about defense!

oh I forgot Wrecking Crew. 

47 points to a very good offensive team which all the pundits say are CFP potential.

UCLA is not talked about!

So hang that feather in your Championship hat.

Hookem

51 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Yeah, we made some stupid mistakes that cost us. That game shouldn't have make it to OT, but we persevered and came out victorious.

OTOH, if you watched that game and can't see the difference from last year, I don't know what to tell you. Our front 6 or 7, depending on what we're running, held their own vs one of the best olines in the country. Charlie and Vance will have that secondary cleaned up by the time conference rolls around.  There's too much talent there to be making those kinds of mistakes. And it won't hurt is that Haines got a David Ash special... Time for B Jones to step up and take what's his.

I still can't believe Malik walked that RB down like he did on the second play of the game. That's some juice right there!!

6 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

If u wanna be technical Texas gave up 14points to ND...no one around (miscues), + they scored 10points in OT, u take away those points ,u held ND to 23 points which is really good but if "If" was a 5th we'd all be drunk..but I also said at times, tackling has to get better though. but like I said Texas Defense will be better this season ecspecially from an athletic stand point, that front 7 is nice..The Secondary will get it going in time for Confrence play..

7 hours ago, D3zii said:

If u wanna be technical Texas gave up 14points to ND...no one around (miscues), + they scored 10points in OT, u take away those points ,u held ND to 23 points which is really good but if "If" was a 5th we'd all be drunk..but I also said at times, tackling has to get better though. but like I said Texas Defense will be better this season ecspecially from an athletic stand point, that front 7 is nice..The Secondary will get it going in time for Confrence play..

Glad to be back and see that nothing has changed - "If Texas had played up to who they REALLY are the actual score would have been 67 - 0 for Texas"

So sorry but technical and actually Texas gave up 37 points in  the game and 10 points in the OT = still equals 47.

Had to laugh when a Texas friend that was watching the A&M was laughing when Texas A&M blew the 15 point lead - but was real quite on Sunday when Texas blew their 17 point lead - classical karma coming back to haunt us college football fans - had to laugh at that.

On 9/4/2016 at 1:08 AM, D3zii said:

My week 1 thought:

UofH, Cincy, BYU  will be the top 3 teams for Big 12 expansion

(UofH definetly needs to be in the Big12) 

The SEC isn't as Strong or deep as years pass

Neither Clemson or Bama will go undefeated

the Pac 12 is up in the air 

A Surprise team will make it to the playoffs 

JT Barrett and Greg Ward are dark horses to win the heisman

Only one I might disagree with is Alabama - they dismantled a supposedly very good USC team - really did not see a weakness apparent in that game.

Houston did look very good as well.

And I agree might be a down year for the SEC.

On 9/4/2016 at 3:28 PM, PhatMack19 said:

Actually do not think that Texas will be open - he will have a good enough season to give at least another year.

Timing may have screwed Herman out of a shot at the Texas gig.

I don not see Herman at A&M regardless of the situation - just do not see it for some reason.

34 minutes ago, OldTimer said:

Glad to be back and see that nothing has changed - "If Texas had played up to who they REALLY are the actual score would have been 67 - 0 for Texas"

So sorry but technical and actually Texas gave up 37 points in  the game and 10 points in the OT = still equals 47.

Had to laugh when a Texas friend that was watching the A&M was laughing when Texas A&M blew the 15 point lead - but was real quite on Sunday when Texas blew their 17 point lead - classical karma coming back to haunt us college football fans - had to laugh at that.

Lol all I was saying was they showed flashes of being very good and could be way better then Saturday..Lord 

32 minutes ago, OldTimer said:

Only one I might disagree with is Alabama - they dismantled a supposedly very good USC team - really did not see a weakness apparent in that game.

Houston did look very good as well.

And I agree might be a down year for the SEC.

Only reason I say that, is because Alabamas run game isn't as strong and they may lean to much on freshman QB and they play some good offenses who can score with good defenses (A&M, Auburn, and ole miss has had there number lately, Georgia in championship)