Not football, but worth the watch..

Bigdog

2 minutes ago, bigdog said:

Bad thing was the goal wasn't allowed, they called him offsides.  I would have given him the goal just for that move!

I don't watch soccer so I guess that's why I don't understand it.  But if you got a guy that can outrun everybody down the field with the ball and score, that's offsides ?  What's he supposed to do, wait for the defenders ?

1 hour ago, CCRed said:

I don't watch soccer so I guess that's why I don't understand it.  But if you got a guy that can outrun everybody down the field with the ball and score, that's offsides ?  What's he supposed to do, wait for the defenders ?

I don't fully understand the offsides rule, but I think it is similar to hockey.  If the player is behind the defenders before the ball is passed with no one between him and the goal (other than the goalie) its offsides.

Here is an explanation, its clear as mud to me.  LOL

This is the hidden content, please

5 minutes ago, bigdog said:

I don't fully understand the offsides rule, but I think it is similar to hockey.  If the player is behind the defenders before the ball is passed with no one between him and the goal (other than the goalie) its offsides.

Here is an explanation, its clear as mud to me.  LOL

This is the hidden content, please

Thanks for the link but I'm really not that interested in that futball, unless we're recruiting a field goal kicker.