Post your updated 22-5A predictions...

jake94

3 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I'm telling you if they get their qb back healthy they'll be in the mix. When you look around the district you probably have to say they technically had the best win. They're thin but have 5 or 6 solid players, especially the fullback, nose tackle and big receiver #84. 

I was trying to figure out all the local teams who run that offense so I could check out their passing stats first game in. Im a firm believer that if you run that kind of offense and can consistently pass out of it you will win way more than you would lose.

I know its not the same offense but it has its similarities: I once seen Wichita Falls High pass for over 200yds in a game out of the in-tight wishbone, never thought that could happen. 

Way too early to be posting predictions lol, damn everyone licking there lips on how bad Nederland is, it happens every year start out slow then get the momentum going. I can honestly say I don't think anyone will roll thru district unbeaten, throw in the intangibles weather, injuries, grades. Who knows lol

3 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

Way too early to be posting predictions lol, damn everyone licking there lips on how bad Nederland is, it happens every year start out slow then get the momentum going. I can honestly say I don't think anyone will roll thru district unbeaten, throw in the intangibles weather, injuries, grades. Who knows lol

I agree about not counting Nederland out.  This is the same song and dance you see from them every year in pre-district games.

52 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

I agree about not counting Nederland out.  This is the same song and dance you see from them every year in pre-district games.

Yeah, accept this year they don't have any talent. Dayton will probably drop 40 or 50 on them Friday and beat them by three or four tds. After losing your two non-district games by 60 or 70 points it's hard to give credence to anything they may do in district play. If they get better it will just bring them up to average.

1 hour ago, biaplayer said:

BISD went to a 9 week grading system instead of 6...

My wife told me about it during the summer.  Grades end October 14th for BISD which means report cards will be probably release on the 21st.  Central hasn't lost any key players to my memory since Foreman has been there.  Stays on the kids about keeping grades up.  On the 21st, Central will be at PN-G, then Livingston and Lee.

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yeah, accept this year they don't have any talent. Dayton will probably drop 40 or 50 on them Friday and beat them by three or four tds. After losing your two non-district games by 60 or 70 points it's hard to give credence to anything they may do in district play. If they get better it will just bring them up to average.

wouldn't surprise me if Larry  N let them boys back on the team if he cant find the missing pieces to the puzzle, he has done it in the past. If the boys mess up outside of school for whatever reasons they may be, if the coach makes the decision then he needs to hold them accountable. Not sure what it is that they did but I know they will be missed as for as the dogs go. Hopefully it was a learning experience for both of them, I know one parent that was probably upset, having high expectations for his boy playing on the gridiron. Im pretty sure NED will get it together, district starts very soon!

4 hours ago, biaplayer said:

wouldn't surprise me if Larry  N let them boys back on the team if he cant find the missing pieces to the puzzle, he has done it in the past. If the boys mess up outside of school for whatever reasons they may be, if the coach makes the decision then he needs to hold them accountable. Not sure what it is that they did but I know they will be missed as for as the dogs go. Hopefully it was a learning experience for both of them, I know one parent that was probably upset, having high expectations for his boy playing on the gridiron. Im pretty sure NED will get it together, district starts very soon!

They wont be back........

6 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

A funny that happened last season and the put a whoopin on the team from your district in the playoffs

4 hours ago, biaplayer said:

They weren't suspended, his words were they are no longer in the program.  Sounds pretty final to me. 

12 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

A funny that happened last season and the put a whoopin on the team from your district in the playoffs

I guess you're trying to say they started 0-2 last season and won a playoff game? If you are you're completely off your rocker thinking this team is as good as the Ned team last year. This team isn't even close to as good as the one that lost to 4th place KP the year after you speak of.

3 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I guess you're trying to say they started 0-2 last season and won a playoff game? If you are you're completely off your rocker thinking this team is as good as the Ned team last year. This team isn't even close to as good as the one that lost to 4th place KP the year after you speak of.

No you cannot possibly know how they will finish is the point to my message. You had the exact same message last season. Talks of sweeps and all yet your district finsihed the EXACT same as ours. I mean exact. Period. We have a pretty potent PAM and Central will be very very salty this season. Yes the jury is still out on PNG and Nederland, but they were counted out by u last season and you were wrong. Thats all i am saying. I have much respect for Crosby this season but the rest of your district is as up in the air as ours.  

4 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

No you cannot possibly know how they will finish is the point to my message. You had the exact same message last season. Talks of sweeps and all yet your district finsihed the EXACT same as ours. I mean exact. Period. We have a pretty potent PAM and Central will be very very salty this season. Yes the jury is still out on PNG and Nederland, but they were counted out by u last season and you were wrong. Thats all i am saying. I have much respect for Crosby this season but the rest of your district is as up in the air as ours.  

Not exactly true,been a 5 team dist looking for 4 spots a few yrs

19 minutes ago, liltex said:

Not exactly true,been a 5 team dist looking for 4 spots a few yrs

I was refering to the head to head matchup in the playoffs between our districts at the end of this season. I guess thats what i was shooting for anyways. I think Crosby will be tough for any team in our district but the rest is up in the air to who will be in round two.

20 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

So you think Ned was going to beat Tompkins by 24, Livingston by 28 or Vidor by 36 Friday night? Only thing we're up in the air about over here is KP being really as bad as they looked. 

I came to the Butch Saturday afternoon and watched Ozen get roasted by Episcopal, they don't even looked like they practiced this offseason. The BH highlights on Vidor looked ridiculous, BH actually looked fast against them. New Caney could've put 70 on Livingston. Terio Brown had almost 100 yards in the first quarter on Tompkins. Everybody over here looked how we thought they would with the exception of KP. 

Last four years your district is 4-12 in the playoffs against us so I'm going to keep questioning y'all until you can start to show those non-district blowouts don't mean anything.

16 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

Sorry just misunderstood. I think Central and PAM will matchup well against you guys district this season.

I disagree, PAM and PNG. Sry but I dont trust Central and whoever that manages to get the other playoff spot getting beat by default more than likely. Png hasn't had a REAL dual threat qb since Doty, and we all know how good that team eventually ended up being. 

Edited by Mr. Buddy Garrity
Added other info

1 minute ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I disagree, PAM and PNG. Sry but I dont trust Central and whoever that manages to get the other playoff spot getting beat by default more than likely. 

I am a fan of defense I believe that the Central defense could be the best in the area by seasons end....  thats why I think them BG