Hoover spending nearly $100,000 to play powerhouse Allen in Texas

D3zii

4 minutes ago, dBerrySports said:

Texas has roughly 7 million more people than Florida, so more depth shouldn't be anything surprising. The quality is very similar. I never said they have the same type of football. But the talent is equal. Call it heresy or whatever you want.

Seems to me these Texas universities & colleges like going into Florida to get recruits and vice versa, that tells me something. 

6 hours ago, dBerrySports said:

Last year, Venice beat Stephenville 37-8 & Allen beat Viera (7A state runner-up to St. Thomas Aquinas). In 2013, Venice beat Plano 35-21 and Stephenville beat Dillard 46-32. 2012, Booker T. Washington beat Cedar Hill 40-21. 2011, Cocoa beat Dallas Skyline 36-20. 2010 had quite a few. Looks like it's been pretty even between FL and TX.

Don't forget Undefeated (3-0) Cypress Bay came and lost 31-6 to (2-2) Katy who was coming off a blowout lost

or 

2010 #8 Desoto beat #3 Mirami 42-41. That was a great game 

Cali, Texas, Florida is speed & raw athleticism above the rest.

Georgia, Ohio, Bama, Cajun country is power & more power.

You got the upper Midwest and mid-Atlantic & (Washington "state") throwing in the big hogs up front with some sharp minds and couple that with some high football IQ - QB's and you make up majority of continental US for college football. 

19 minutes ago, GenerationX said:

Cali, Texas, Florida is speed & raw athleticism above the rest.

Georgia, Ohio, Bama, Cajun country is power & more power.

You got the upper Midwest and mid-Atlantic & (Washington "state") throwing in the big hogs up front with some sharp minds and couple that with some high football IQ - QB's and you make up majority of continental US for college football. 

Hence the heat-map of recruiting in the college forum. 

8 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

you want a great QB you come on down to the state of Texas to lead your team. I know majority of the starting qbs in the NFL are from Texas. I'm sure the same is to say for college. Heck didnt Florida Gators sign a back up qb from Manvel last year? 

As much as I'd like this to be true, it's not & it's certainly not where I would recruit a QB. But, I do love to see our home grown boys advance to the highest level at the position.