Do you like the explosion of "service pets"?

UTfanatic

There is no real regulation so anyone can get it.  

My cousin lives in California and flys here often.  She got it for her small dog to fly on her lap.  She doesn't have to pay anything and the dog doesn't have to fly with the luggage and get thrown around.  It doesn't bother me but people are definitely taking advantage of the system.  

45 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

There is no real regulation so anyone can get it.  

My cousin lives in California and flys here often.  She got it for her small dog to fly on her lap.  She doesn't have to pay anything and the dog doesn't have to fly with the luggage and get thrown around.  It doesn't bother me but people are definitely taking advantage of the system.  

So your Ok with it on the plane. 

What if a passenger objected or had alergies?

Who has more rights?

The paying passenger or the non-paying service pet.

What about pets in the grocery store?

3 hours ago, UTfanatic said:

So your Ok with it on the plane. 

What if a passenger objected or had alergies?

Who has more rights?

The paying passenger or the non-paying service pet.

What about pets in the grocery store?

I didn't say I was ok with it.  People are gaming the system which I think is wrong.  I said it doesn't bother me.  If I was allergic to dogs, then it probably would. 

Back to to my cousin, she did have someone complain on one of her flights.  They moved her and her dog to an open seat in 1st class, so she scored on that one.  

7 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

I didn't say I was ok with it.  People are gaming the system which I think is wrong.  I said it doesn't bother me.  If I was allergic to dogs, then it probably would. 

Back to to my cousin, she did have someone complain on one of her flights.  They moved her and her dog to an open seat in 1st class, so she scored on that one.  

And if her dog could not fit in her lap like a baby, would she have to purchase a ticket for her dog like a child would need to have?

My parents have what is apparently termed an "emotional support" dog.  Like Mack's cousin, their dog is able to fly with them and stay in most hotels.  However, as I understand it, she is in a small cage on the planes that fits under the chair.  This dog happens to be one that basically never barks so I wouldn't have an issue with it...I would have big problems with a dog yapping during a flight I was on.  As for the explosion in general, I too am a dog lover so it doesn't bother me.  But I can certainly see the issue with allergies and how that can pose a problem.  Are there a lot of people allergic to dogs?  I know a ton of people who have that issue with those vile creatures we call cats...

46 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

My parents have what is apparently termed an "emotional support" dog.  Like Mack's cousin, their dog is able to fly with them and stay in most hotels.  However, as I understand it, she is in a small cage on the planes that fits under the chair.  This dog happens to be one that basically never barks so I wouldn't have an issue with it...I would have big problems with a dog yapping during a flight I was on.  As for the explosion in general, I too am a dog lover so it doesn't bother me.  But I can certainly see the issue with allergies and how that can pose a problem.  Are there a lot of people allergic to dogs?  I know a ton of people who have that issue with those vile creatures we call cats...

I love dogs too, but would people be happy with my border collie at HEB or Walmart?