George W. Bush Says 22 Words at Dallas Memorial, Crowd was SPEECHLESS

LumRaiderFan

2 hours ago, baddog said:

I like George Bush and don't care if anybody likes me for it. Even if he does say nucular instead of nuclear. He's simply a good man.

Haven't seen Obama's speech. What was it about.......gun control?

About half of his nearly 40 minutes was excellent. He should have stopped about the 20 minute mark. 

Then he felt compelled to say.... we also know that for centuries of racial discrimination, subjugation, slavery, Jim Crow laws didn't simply vanish with lawful integration, MLK, etc. "We know that bias remains". Some have suffered more than others. None of us is entirely innocent. No institution is entirely immune and that includes the police. Whites and people of color look at law enforcement differently. If you are black you are more likely to get pulled over, if you are black you are more likely to and blah blah blah. 

The president actually spoke eloquently and it could be argued that his statements were not off base. I only question making them as a funeral or memorial to officers that were killed in the line of duty and from some accounts, white officers being targeted protected black citizens who were protesting them and it might have cost one or more his life. At a memorial for those brave officers, having their family and close friends in attendance, it should have simply been left at that and not use such a tragedy as an opportunity for a political speech. 

Obama's words were well chosen and I thought his delivery might have been the best that I have seen. I just think they were misplaced and should have been brought up in another venue. He basically praised the police officers that died and then admonished the rest of us for creating the situation. Again, he is entitled but it should have been left out of a memorial in my opinion.