Dayton

2 hours ago, theNeed4Speed said:

no QB, all wildcat formations

Well, that's pretty much what they ran all last year anyway. . . .

Doesn't really matter what Dayton runs, we all know what 4 plays are coming; Jet sweep, bubble screen, quick slant from the slot and the fake slant with a wheel or go route. Only difference this go 'round for Nations is that Green and Dugat won't be running it.

7 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Doesn't really matter what Dayton runs, we all know what 4 plays are coming; Jet sweep, bubble screen, quick slant from the slot and the fake slant with a wheel or go route. Only difference this go 'round for Nations is that Green and Dugat won't be running it.

*rolls eyes*

5 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Welp 20 yrs worth and it still works,Broncos must improve on the defensive side.Honestly gimme another Andres Herrera type qb@5'7 140 type kid w/heart(5,600 pass yds career/67% completions)3 yr varsity starter & last DHS 1st team all-dist pic@Qb since 2011=nuff said and now the search is in progress=left w/o a exp varsity back-up qb for 2016.I have faith somebody of the 60+ kiddos in summer conditioning a leader will step up to lead

11 minutes ago, liltex said:

Welp 20 yrs worth and it still works,Broncos must improve on the defensive side.Honestly gimme another Andres Herrera type qb@5'7 140 type kid w/heart(5,600 pass yds career/67% completions)3 yr varsity starter & last DHS 1st team all-dist pic@Qb since 2011=nuff said and now the search is in progress=left w/o a exp varsity back-up qb for 2016.I have faith somebody of the 60+ kiddos in summer conditioning a leader will step up to lead

can I get an amen !!!

24 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Kid is a beast, he was going off in his first varsity game at Nederland in 2014 as a soph, hope he does it again this year at Nederland. 

He is definitely a shining star at Dayton. You will be seeing a lot of him on the field. :)

Jerry Stewart 1996-2010=15 yrs H/C=10 dist titles-7 times undefeated in dist-dist w/l record=79 wins 10 losses-23 playoff wins-total points scored=5,765 *Points allowed 2,887

Joel Hancock 2011-2015=5 yrs H/C=0 dist titles-0 times undefeated in dist-dist record=28 wins 11 losses-2 playoff wins-total points scored 1,903 *points allowed 1,451(this says it all=struggling)  ***I have no agenda,wish the best for my alma mater,but time to move on .For those that say Dayt could've hired better=remains to be seen.Nations(former O/C just like Riordan who had no previous HC wins either.I'm told 1 vote separated the last choice@DHS in 2011,now Jeff Nations gets his opportunity,wish him success.Not dry on talent=20 straight playoff apps .What are my thoughts on 21-5a=Crosby's been on top last 3 yrs,beat us but game was a game to watch all 4 qtrs.Alot of positives lately to our western neighbors,I pull for 21-5a,regardless of the put downs on my Broncos.

5 hours ago, liltex said:

Jerry Stewart 1996-2010=15 yrs H/C=10 dist titles-7 times undefeated in dist-dist w/l record=79 wins 10 losses-23 playoff wins-total points scored=5,765 *Points allowed 2,887

Joel Hancock 2011-2015=5 yrs H/C=0 dist titles-0 times undefeated in dist-dist record=28 wins 11 losses-2 playoff wins-total points scored 1,903 *points allowed 1,451(this says it all=struggling)  ***I have no agenda,wish the best for my alma mater,but time to move on .For those that say Dayt could've hired better=remains to be seen.Nations(former O/C just like Riordan who had no previous HC wins either.I'm told 1 vote separated the last choice@DHS in 2011,now Jeff Nations gets his opportunity,wish him success.Not dry on talent=20 straight playoff apps .What are my thoughts on 21-5a=Crosby's been on top last 3 yrs,beat us but game was a game to watch all 4 qtrs.Alot of positives lately to our western neighbors,I pull for 21-5a,regardless of the put downs on my Broncos.

I don't put the Pinies down. Historically the best 21-5A team with a drop to #2 in recent years. Tide has turned to Crosby in modern times but 3 years don't rewrite history. With that said I see Crosby continuing to distance themselves from Dayton. No disrespect intended. 

It may work out, but I do question the recent head coach hire. I don't know Nations. He may be great. Just appears to be a feable attempt to hang on to past glory rather than turning to a new future. 

And agree, go 21-5A. The better we all are the better we all are. 

Nice to see Styner getting some love from DC. He is definitely a money player. I like the young kids Dayton will most likely be playing at slot (sophomores) both are very athletic and 1 in particular has very good speed. I think both will be good in space. Both wide outs will be tall athletic and have some serious hops. QB while probably not cemented has a great arm descent speed and good size for a high school QB. Dayton will score points make no mistake about it. Dayton has some nice pieces on the defensive side and I'm really hoping with the new atmosphere Dayton will get back to being one of the better  defenses in the district.

On 6/28/2016 at 4:44 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

The guy you once said was the best that walked the hallways since Green.  He'll  be the QB. 

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 2:14 PM, workbootz said:

The guy you once said was the best that walked the hallways since Green.  He'll  be the QB. 

. . . . And if he's healthy I think Dayton will be trending up towards the end of the season. I just worry the same thing with Nations not calling plays might effect him too since he basically hasn't taken any qb reps for two years. Offense wasn't really the problem anyway though, Dayton has always seemed to be able to scheme up points on you. Their problem the last few years has been stopping the other team's offnse.