Art Briels Out at Baylor

BADSANTA

8 hours ago, ST413 said:

I agree it's about the education.  But in cases like these they are also providing a service for the university, maybe  minuscule in comparison but it's still there.  Athletes at this level probably received multiple offers so that coach could have been a large part of the reason they chose said university.  So in cases like this they should get an out.  

That service they are providing them is getting them 100,000 dollar education paid for. I don't care who the coach is nor would I care if they worked a job and got paid 100,000 and there boss got let go. It is 100,000 dollars I feel no mans pain nor do I care about their complain who gets 100,000 dollars for living the dream.

7 hours ago, Scatright said:

Right. A 100K education they could have gotten at many other universities. They chose Baylor for football not education, and now the guy they committed to play for is gone. Any of these local kids going to Baylor could've gone to UT, A&M, TTU.....any of those schools. I'm so tired of disgruntled dudes sitting around telling a kid he shouldn't be upset because he's "getting an education".

Are they getting rid of the football team?  I did not think so, so you can scatright on out of here with your knight in shining armor defense of these "kids".    

Some of you guys really don't understand that players commit to coaches NOT universities....most of the top programs all have the same stuff anyway, think about it was bama having top recruiting classes before Saban arrived? NO! Was Kentucky having #1 recruiting classes before Calapari arrived? NO! Players go to schools to play for coaches PERIOD! Now let me ask this why aren't coaches penalized for being able to go coach for any school they want while being paid millions? But you guys are quick to say kids are getting a 100k education what about the coaches who are being paid millions they're free to go to whatever university they choose. 

PS. Baylor is dumb as hell for firing Briles the dude is a genius 

51 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Some of you guys really don't understand that players commit to coaches NOT universities....most of the top programs all have the same stuff anyway, think about it was bama having top recruiting classes before Saban arrived? NO! Was Kentucky having #1 recruiting classes before Calapari arrived? NO! Players go to schools to play for coaches PERIOD! Now let me ask this why aren't coaches penalized for being able to go coach for any school they want while being paid millions? But you guys are quick to say kids are getting a 100k education what about the coaches who are being paid millions they're free to go to whatever university they choose. 

Lol this is funny and partially wrong. But go head, cook young chef. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Nope, you the 5star expert on this here board, kick the knowledge to us "dumb folk who dont know nothing about the sport cause some didnt play"…… floor is yours man. 

Well I'm trying to but I'm not sure what you're saying is wrong so I can't give my expertise

4 hours ago, jv_coach said:

That service they are providing them is getting them 100,000 dollar education paid for. I don't care who the coach is nor would I care if they worked a job and got paid 100,000 and there boss got let go. It is 100,000 dollars I feel no mans pain nor do I care about their complain who gets 100,000 dollars for living the dream.

If their boss is let go they still have a choice of changing jobs and in a case like this they should still have that choice as well.  Especially if they can get that 100000 somewhere that they feel better about now.   

7 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

A genius maybe, but also an accessory to a criminal act. He is the lowest scum on the earth.

Protecting anyone that abuses or sexually assaults women is a disgrace not only to the university, but to the Baptist doctrine on which the university that pays his salary was founded. 

He is a disgrace to his profession (and it takes a heck of a lot to disgrace the profession of college coaching).

44 minutes ago, GCMPats said:

A genius maybe, but also an accessory to a criminal act. He is the lowest scum on the earth.

Protecting anyone that abuses or sexually assaults women is a disgrace not only to the university, but to the Baptist doctrine on which the university that pays his salary was founded. 

He is a disgrace to his profession (and it takes a heck of a lot to disgrace the profession of college coaching).

His college career is done. Is Stephenville hiring?? 

3 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

You foolish if you believe that, he'll have another job by next year easily and besides this happens EVERYWHERE...

They condone rape everywhere? They condone rape at TCU and SFA? News to me. What college job you think he will get? 

2 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Are they going to promote his son or is he gone too? Back to the high school ranks or NAIA.

His son should have taken the North Texas job, from what I was told it was his for the taking before he took his name out the hat for it to stay with his dad. Bet he regrets it now. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

They condone rape everywhere? They condone rape at TCU and SFA? News to me. What college job you think he will get? 

Jeremy Kerley was accused of raping a girl at TCU right before he got drafted, did you ever hear about it? No! Lol things like this get swept under the rug EVERYWHERE trust me I know from experience. Not saying it's condoned but it definitely gets swept under the rug. Art Briles would get any big job that comes open in the next year, had he stayed at Baylor they would've ran Texas in the next few years hell they were already sort of running the state anyway lol. Speaking of Texas he might be in the running for UT job when it comes open this fall.

1 minute ago, ozensfinest said:

Jeremy Kerley was accused of raping a girl at TCU right before he got drafted, did you ever hear about it? No! Lol things like this get swept under the rug EVERYWHERE trust me I know from experience. Not saying it's condoned but it definitely gets swept under the rug. Art Briles would get any big job that comes open in the next few years, had he stayed at Baylor they would've ran Texas in the next few years hell they were already sort of running the state anyway lol. Speaking of Texas he might be in the running for UT job when it comes open this fall.

If UT was to hire Art after all this mess they would be the laughingstock of CFB. 

9 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

You foolish if you believe that, he'll have another job by next year easily and besides this happens EVERYWHERE...

He will not work in the NCAA again. We are not taking about a coach who cheated on his wife with a student. That's immoral, not illegal.

He condoned the covered up and coercion of a sexual assault victim (maybe more than one) in order for his thug players to help him win games- That's immoral and illegal. 

If Baylor were true to their mission statement:

The mission of Baylor University is to educate men and women for worldwide leadership and service by integrating academic excellence and Christian commitment within a caring community.

Based on recent events involving athletics on campus, they would shut down the athletics program as a whole. 

Luke 16:13 says: No servant can serve two masters, because either he will hate one and love the other, or be loyal to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and wealth! 

Baylor has clearly sold their soul to win games.

2 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

The beating that Baylor was alot better football team than Texas. I would say Briles got better recruits than Texas. Have you not watched college football? Texas is horrible,  Baylor is good.

They weren't taking a recruiting beating and UT even won last years meeting no matter how, they got the W.  Baylor is good because.......and also that should say, Baylor was good!