I have NO Clue.....

MoFo

A fellow ump I think hit it on the head. A prank gone bad, base ump with kicked dirt signal to home plate ump that he had his back on rotation to 3rd. I have just never seen it this severe and while the ball was still live.

2 hours ago, MoFo said:

A fellow ump I think hit it on the head. A prank gone bad, base ump with kicked dirt signal to home plate ump that he had his back on rotation to 3rd. I have just never seen it this severe and while the ball was still live.

isn't the ball dead during a home run?

I thought the same thing at first, but I think he's just pranking a fellow ump, way too blatant to be intentionally trying to "cheat" . The thing is, it's not a good time for that kind of shenanigans so it ends up looking bad, but no way did this ump try to alter the outcome of the home run. I know those guys gotta have a little fun too, but a close game in high school playoffs is probably not the right time for it, put a rubber snake in his ball bag after the game or something....or cover the plate on a home run and have folks think you should never ump again..

23 hours ago, MoFo said:

Maybe Mr. Ump can explain it but in the over 25 years I have been umpiring I can't think of a justification for this action by the field umpire....

This is the hidden content, please

well i guess kicking dirt on the plate is better than having umpires fighting with each other on the field.