Kountze 6 Buna 5/Final

WOSgrad

2 hours ago, utfan06 said:

What happened 

Strictly my view, other spectators saw the same thing as well. Runner for Buna was clearly throwed out in the 1st inning at third, another in the second at second (Bum had ball in glove waiting on him and he was called safe) another in the 4th at first and a balk in the sixth called on Bum after the pitch. Everyone of these resulted in a run for Buna. I may or may not have the innings correct. Dru Aran was setup on a fly in the baseline and a Buna player  plowed over him (dropped shoulder and took the kid off his feet. This was done at Kirbyville as well i was told) he was ejected. A war of words began in the stands between parents.  Ainsworth was caught in a rundown between second and third and  tagged by way of an uppercut. Kountze kept it together well. I was told Hogan let the kids  know "you get out of line you pay the price". It was an interesting game. Disclaimer: These statements are based on Dwal1399's views and opinions only. Nobody was harmed during the making of, not yet anyway.

There were bad calls made on both sides last night.  The "small ruckus" in the stands was a Kountze parent yelling, "That is BS (but said it)...Kick his A#$".  Yep, not Buna...Kountze.  In a kids game.  I understand this is strictly your view but since I was there, I thought I would clear this up. And no...that did NOT happen in Kirbyville.  Matter of fact, it hasn't happened all year.  Buna hasn't had ONE bad sportsmanship call all season.  Our player WAS ejected, but he did not lower his shoulder. Regardless, the situation was handled.  Shortly after, when a Kountze player swung at and shoved the Buna player, nothing was done.  Shortly after again, because a specific K player kept mouthing things directly to B players, the umpire informed the coaches that they were NOT to run their mouths directly to other players.  Buna's coach was fine with that.  Kountze's coach was upset.  Wonder why? Not trying to start a war, but your post made it sound as if Buna kids are bad sports.  I watched the game in its entirety and close-up.  These kids are young and have had no issues all season.  I saw some terrible sportsmanship last night, but it wasn't from Buna.  

One thing for sure...this is a high school baseball game...when I say what I'm gonna say I am speaking being guilty of being hot and at times angry at calls ect...parents try to focus on enjoying watching your kid do what they love because they grow up to dang fast and it's easy to miss a lot of fun stuff being pissed. Let the Coaches and Officials do their job...once again this is coming from a guilty party, but you live and learn and yes, you do regret and wish for a redo! Enjoy the game folks it's the most awesome game ever!

I agree!  Sit back and relax.  One thing about every game in every sport...there are always bad calls.  That's just part of the game.  And you are right...it's over before you know it!  Most of theses kids on most of these teams are good kids that just want to play ball.  Let them do that.

Who is right on what kid acted what way is irrelevant at this point.  The game was played a winner and loser was decided.  There is still a whole second half of district baseball to be played and these two teams will meet again in Buna with playoff seeding most likely on the line.  I wish both Buna and Kountze the best of luck for the rest of the season and hope for a clean game the second go around and good playoff runs for both teams.

2 hours ago, boymom2 said:

Camera doesn't lie. Thank goodness for cameras!

No they don't but I did however see two pics that shows obvious interference...it did not look necessarily like malicious contact. But it did show the players contact. As a player you gotta know that you can't interfere with a fielders ligit fielding attempt.