BILL JEHLING HIRED AS HAMSHIRE-FANNETT AD/HEAD COACH!

pete22600

I'm sure every kid or parent will not be happy no matter who is hired. Some may want a coach who runs the ball more and others a coach who passes more. Some will want an AD who focuses only on football and others one who looks out for the entire program. Whatever happens im sure someone will get mad and take their kid somewhere else. It is the way it is nowadays.

They will not hire the right coach.  Because "right" is a relative definition.  Every coach (good coach) in the state has already heard about and have talked about this latest little incident with criminal charges being filed on the head coach for excessive punishment.  So several good ones shied away because of that alone.  That being said.  There will still be some perfectly capable football coaches go after this job...just because it's a head job.  So a lot of people will have the attitude "I can overcome all of that".  But it won't matter.  HF will be subpar because their best player / 90+% of the offense graduated.  But the fans won't realize that...they'll have unrealistic expectations anyway I'm sure.  So whoever they hire will be a "bad" coach in the eyes of the community.

There's my prediction...

I don't think he can resign from his position only based on a coach being offered the job. He would have already needed to resign and then the position would have to be filled by someone appointed or with an election. I could be wrong on that.  Either way that would take weeks to get done and put them almost at the end of the school year. From what I heard there are some good candidates who interviewed last week.

My son said the freshman have continued an off season program with the two coaches available in that period. The ones who are slacking off in the period and not lifting weights will be left behind in the long run. I'm not sure what the other kids in athletics are doing. They have a separate PE class than freshman

Dale would be good - always a good brother in law deal to make people happy.  HF will have a hard time attracting a proven head coach - with the exception of maybe a 2A guy trying to move up in pay.  HF is among the lowest teacher pay in the area don't know about there coach pay?

anyone know? 

40 minutes ago, Whoa said:

Dale would be good - always a good brother in law deal to make people happy.  HF will have a hard time attracting a proven head coach - with the exception of maybe a 2A guy trying to move up in pay.  HF is among the lowest teacher pay in the area don't know about there coach pay?

anyone know? 

This is the hidden content, please

Honestly...better than I thought.  But still bad.  Really bad.  My guess is that the admin salaries aren't great either.

I'm sure if any other person with 8-23 record would applied they wouldn't have got this far in the process as him. Let me ask you all question when applying for job have any of you deleted your fb. I know plenty of coaches in setx that applied for positions over yrs that never deleted their social media pg. If dale gets job it only took his faithfuls 4yrs to get their wish. Not everyone is for dale as it may seems...many are not voicing their opinion publicly but if dale gets it you will tell by them publicly voicing their opinion or by just moving their kid from HF.

2 hours ago, drich329 said:

I'm sure if any other person with 8-23 record would applied they wouldn't have got this far in the process as him. Let me ask you all question when applying for job have any of you deleted your fb. I know plenty of coaches in setx that applied for positions over yrs that never deleted their social media pg. If dale gets job it only took his faithfuls 4yrs to get their wish. Not everyone is for dale as it may seems...many are not voicing their opinion publicly but if dale gets it you will tell by them publicly voicing their opinion or by just moving their kid from HF.

We have plenty of new homes being built in Lumberton.  Send them our way.

I don't mean to quarrel with anyone about Coach Dale, but I just wish to place his coaching record in a bit of perspective as a lot has been made of his record.  Yes, it is 8-22 (3-7 in 2011 at Kountze, 3-7 in 2014 at Deweyville, 2-8 at Deweyville).  But then you look at the schools and their situations at the time, this doesn't look as dire as some would make it.  At Kountze, Coach Dale was in a situation of being at a school that had not been to the playoffs since 1973. The past two seasons, Coach Dale has been at Deweyville, which had the misfortune of being in a district with the likes of Newton, Crockett, Corrigan-Camden and Garrison and being in that district with one of the smallest student populations in Class 3A, Division II.  With Deweyville's placement into Class 2A, Division I, I like the Pirates' chances of gaining more wins and Coach Dale's chances of evening his coaching record.