New Allen Eagles head coach

dBerrySports

I don't think he would ever leave La Vega after not going to Liberty-Eylau but if I was Temple I would give Willie Williams a long serious look. Other than Todd Dodge he might be the best coach in Central Texas. Probably will never leave La Vega after 25 years and 170+ wins though, Temple probably wants to make a bigger splash anyway.

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I don't think he would ever leave La Vega after not going to Liberty-Eylau but if I was Temple I would give Willie Williams a long serious look. Other than Todd Dodge he might be the best coach in Central Texas. Probably will never leave La Vega after 25 years and 170+ wins though, Temple probably wants to make a bigger splash anyway.

Maybe the appeal of going to a higher classification could sway him? And Temple isn't too far from La Vega. I have no inside info on this one obviously, just guessing.

15 hours ago, dBerrySports said:

Maybe the appeal of going to a higher classification could sway him? And Temple isn't too far from La Vega. I have no inside info on this one obviously, just guessing.

Proximity is why I mentioned him. He would have had to move all the way to East Texas to take the Liberty-Eylau job in the same class. He really wouldn't have to move to take the Temple job. That factor mixed with a similar athlete make-up to La Vega is why I think he would be successful there. I think he's done all he can at La Vega but he may prefer the comfort over a new challenge.

28 minutes ago, RaiderRed30 said:

Temple should be looking at Yoe's coach.

Yoe usually has the most talent in the entire 3A classification most years. They looked pretty average after Smith got hurt in the title game. When a player like Smith can rush for nearly 7,700 yards and over 100 tds in the last three years, you have to wonder in those small classes how much is the coach and how much are the single game-changing players like Traion Smith, Chan Amie, Tanner Shafer or Roshaud Paul.

6 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yoe usually has the most talent in the entire 3A classification most years. They looked pretty average after Smith got hurt in the title game. When a player like Smith can rush for nearly 7,700 yards and over 100 tds in the last three years, you have to wonder in those small classes how much is the coach and how much are the single game-changing players like Traion Smith, Chan Amie, Tanner Shafer or Roshaud Paul.

That could be the case, but since he has been there Yoe has been to state 5 out of 6 years. Plus he was according to other sources the guy Barbers Hill was going after. Temple would be even more talent and a higher salary, plus it would be very local, closer than La Vega.

53 minutes ago, RaiderRed30 said:

That could be the case, but since he has been there Yoe has been to state 5 out of 6 years. Plus he was according to other sources the guy Barbers Hill was going after. Temple would be even more talent and a higher salary, plus it would be very local, closer than La Vega.

His talent comparable to his classification wouldn't be the same at Temple. There are lot of 5A teams even in region 3 with comparable talent to Temple's. I agree he's made a difference but he's just difficult to get a bead on given the built-in advantages he has at Yoe, same way it's difficult to get a bead on Westeberg without the built-in advantages he had.

I think BH went after him because Dr. Pool is from Cameron Yoe, Rhoades won titles and they have a connection. Same way he knew Westeberg from his time in Cameron as a jr high coach before he eventually made it to Allen.

18 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Is this real life? Did you happen to see the 2012 Newton team that out athleted Cameron at every single position? Or the White Oak team in 2013 or the Kirbyville team the last two years that didn't even make it to play Cameron? Those teams had athletes Cameron only dreams of having. To say Cameron just out athletes everyone and is poorly coached is to just openly admit that you watched one Cameron game the past 6 seasons and it was the state game this past month. 

I don't think you can find a team out there who can recover from losing the state POY in a horrific injury vs a very very good team and still play at a high level. 

I read this site a lot to get the scoop on some  SETX teams. I may stop after assinine comments like these

8 minutes ago, Nonidiot said:

Is this real life? Did you happen to see the 2012 Newton team that out athleted Cameron at every single position? Or the White Oak team in 2013 or the Kirbyville team the last two years that didn't even make it to play Cameron? Those teams had athletes Cameron only dreams of having. To say Cameron just out athletes everyone and is poorly coached is to just openly admit that you watched one Cameron game the past 6 seasons and it was the state game this past month. 

I don't think you can find a team out there who can recover from losing the state POY in a horrific injury vs a very very good team and still play at a high level. 

I read this site a lot to get the scoop on some  SETX teams. I may stop after assinine comments like these

A polite retort would have done just as well.  Please take better care in your subsequent responses.

Excuse me. Asinine may have been a bit harsh.

However, I constantly read on here about how good all these SETX teams are (and I understand this is a SETX site) and then when there is a legitimate inarguablely good team out there it has nothing to do with coaching and its all about the athletes. When this sites area has the best athletes in the state bar non yet, isn't as successful. 

I don't have a dog in this hunt as a proud Lorena Leopard but, I just wanted someone to stand up for a central Texas team. 

Edit: Changed my display name as a show of a bit more goodwill. 

38 minutes ago, LLeps said:

Where the heck did I say Yoe was poorly coached? Maybe it's good you never posted before because comprehension is far from your strong suit. I watched all four of the last title games Yoe played in, they had the best athletes EVERY single time. Even against Mineola last year, which is the best team Yoe played in the last four title games prospect wise, it didn't even look like they were in the same classification if you just judged it on athletes.

Yoe's qb couldn't hit the side of a barn last year and still almost threw for 3000 yards, over half of that came to Sicory Smith who averaged over 20ypc. You know why? Because athletically not even state champion Brock had a kid that could stick him. There was literally no scheme involved other than drop back and throw it up to Smith, that's on coaching. Smith going down isn't like Pingleton going down for Celina in the title game.

When is the last time Kirbyville or White Oak produced a receiver like Dede Westbrook who's at OU right now and will probably play in the NFL, who by the way has a little brother name Iverson Westbrook as you probably know that will also play college ball? When is the last time one of those schools produced a 3000 yard rusher or 3000 yard passer? Or produced an All-American like Billy Pittman?  Newton did have better athletes than Yoe in 2012, I think they had like five FBS-FCS kids on that roster. That's why I said most years for Yoe, but if you think you beat that Newton team by three scores with some run of the mill kids you're sadly mistaken. They're one of those 10 or so schools I always say can compete at a high level simply because of their talent level comparable to their classification.  

I guess Andy Evans forgot how to coach when Tatum moved up a class and he went 7-16 over the last couple of years? Or maybe he just didn't have the best players anymore?    

25 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Where the heck did I say Yoe was poorly coached? Maybe it's good you never posted before because comprehension is far from your strong suit. I watched all four of the last title games Yoe played in, they had the best athletes EVERY single time. Even against Mineola last year, which is the best team Yoe played in the last four title games prospect wise, it didn't even look like they were in the same classification if you just judged it on athletes.

Yoe's qb couldn't hit the side of a barn last year and still almost threw for 3000 yards, over half of that came to Sicory Smith who averaged over 20ypc. You know why? Because athletically not even state champion Brock had a kid that could stick him. There was literally no scheme involved other than drop back and throw it up to Smith, that's on coaching. Smith going down isn't like Pingleton going down for Celina in the title game.

When is the last time Kirbyville or White Oak produced a receiver like Dede Westbrook who's at OU right now and will probably play in the NFL, who by the way has a little brother name Iverson Westbrook as you probably know that will also play college ball? When is the last time one of those schools produced a 3000 yard rusher or 3000 yard passer? Or produced an All-American like Billy Pittman?  Newton did have better athletes than Yoe in 2012, I think they had like five FBS-FCS kids on that roster. That's why I said most years for Yoe, but if you think you beat that Newton team by three scores with some run of the mill kids you're sadly mistaken. They're one of those 10 or so schools I always say can compete at a high level simply because of their talent level comparable to their classification.  

I guess Andy Evans forgot how to coach when Tatum moved up a class and he went 7-16 over the last couple of years? Or maybe he just didn't have the best players anymore?    

Bingo.

You didn't say Cameron was poorly coached but, its like you had to qualify that Cameron is good but, oh they are small school their coaching can't be that good. You are a big school fan I get that... one probably assumes big schools have better staffs than small schools. 

Finally, I'm not an expert on offensive schemes but, I do know that Cameron runs the Todd Dodge playbook. If there's an indictment on Cameron offensive scheme you can probably apply that to some of the more successful teams in TXHSFB history as well.

I don't think I can sit here and say Cameron has no athletes but, I have seen them play vs Lorena through three coaching regimes and they have the same or lesser (especially on the lines) kids now as they did in 2000 the difference between those 7-4 or 1-9 teams back then and playing for 5 of the last 6 state games now is coaching. 

I have people I talk to that have lived in Cameron for 20 plus years and the entire town was waiting to move down. They did not have the numbers to compete at 3A now 4A. As soon as they moved down they knew they were going to dominate. That talent level does help them, but 5 out of 6 if not 6 out of 7 (don't remember which) the coach does have to be doing something right.