SETX Middle School Hoops

InTheGates

What's the current status of the SETX Middle School Hoops scene this year...Who has the horses?  What feeder schools are on the rise?

Legacy Christian in Beaumont have a couple good players Deuce Guillory and Brylon Bush who might be the best 8th grader in this area got a chance to watch him play in the Vincent Tournament and he almost won the tournament himself. They lost too Smith,and Lumberton and he had three people on him and he was still the best kid on the floor Guillory didn't play that weekend Bush is something special I can tell you that will be interesting to see where he goes to high school over heard someone asking his parents and they just smiled but his dad did have on a Silsbee Tigers shirt so they may be leading the chase. Talked to Legacy coach he said that he is avg about 36 a game pretty nice and he doesn't shoot a lot his IQ for the game is very high can tell he plays a lot of AAU.

Smith is definitely the best squad we (C.O. Wilson 7th) have faced in a while.  They shot the lights out in the championship game of the Vincent Tournament when we faced them.  I do agree with Brady B on the 8th grade squads...Look forward to the next few years of hoops with these ages...

• 3 weeks later...

I know you guys are talking Boys middle school, but an impressive stat from the girls side of basketball is the PN middle school 8th grade team has out scored their district opponents 473-88 in the 11 district games over the past two years. They have one more game tomorrow night at home to close out a fun two seasons. Hope they can continue on in to High School and be the first ever PNG varsity girls basketball team to make the playoffs.

They avg 43 points a game and allowed only 8 points a game. With every game having a running clock the entire second half. Pretty impressive ladies, keep it up!

13 hours ago, OneChance said:

I know you guys are talking Boys middle school, but an impressive stat from the girls side of basketball is the PN middle school 8th grade team has out scored their district opponents 473-88 in the 11 district games over the past two years. They have one more game tomorrow night at home to close out a fun two seasons. Hope they can continue on in to High School and be the first ever PNG varsity girls basketball team to make the playoffs.

They avg 43 points a game and allowed only 8 points a game. With every game having a running clock the entire second half. Pretty impressive ladies, keep it up!

Comeaux  WILL NOT stand for it.  Is there a PNG girl that starts Varsity BB and VB?   She wont let them cheer and play VB - from what I am told.

13 hours ago, OneChance said:

4 hours ago, JP greatest shooter said:

Why port neches girls 8th grade didn't play in the Vincent tournament this year. They competed wit smiths seventh grade team in tourney. Was looking forward to playing them this year. Very well coached team. Oh well c them next year freshman team. Go jags

JP, I don't have a clue why we didn't play at Vincent tourney this year. They played in a tournament in Sulpher, LA that may have replaced the Vincent. Smith had a great team last year as well. Only loss we had last year. Looking forward to playing against that group in the future and JP contact me if you have a girl that plays with that Smith Squad. Would love to team up with those girls and play some select basketball with GTE this summer.

4 hours ago, Whoa said:

Comeaux  WILL NOT stand for it.  Is there a PNG girl that starts Varsity BB and VB?   She wont let them cheer and play VB - from what I am told.

There is one girl this year that plays both. The cheerleading and Volleyball is probably like that everywhere because of the conflict with Cheering on Friday Nights and playing volleyball on Friday nights. I just hope this group of girls will stick with Basketball in High School, they are a special group of athletes. Probably wont happen due to girls playing other sports, but I am keeping my fingers crossed. PNG Girls Varsity BB has never made the playoffs, so would be really cool to see that happen. Although the UIL just made that more difficult today including PAM in 22-5A along with Central, Ozen and Lumberton.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was up in Dallas coaching, the year before the MS coaches would send out a few emails and predict the best 6-10 teams in the area...Majority of them committed to a tourney in Richardson the next year...Always had the Top 8 or so teams that year...it was great for our younger groups to really see the talent in the area...Now days our MS barely even get enough games in to see if some kids want to continue playing...