Cumbie is staying at TCU. 

This is the hidden content, please

Sonny Cumbie is no longer OC candidate for the

He’s staying at

lmao!  At least he got Ut recruits to follow him on twitter, good grief UT. 

lmao!  At least he got Ut recruits to follow him on twitter, good grief UT. 

Put yourself in Cumbie's shoes for a moment.  If you were an analyst for a small corporate entity that has good stability but the pay is meh, per se, and another small corporation wanted you so you decide to take the interview.  They give you a 2 year guarantee, but you hear scuttlebutt that they may be bought out within the next fiscal year.  That probably wouldn't give you a warm and fuzzy feeling, would it?  Same situation here, Strong's future is too unstable to predict who will be here in 2 years time.  I can see the justification in staying put with Patterson, because he's stable.

We need to find someone with the cajones and confidence to say "I know I can get in there and turn things around in a year".

Im hearing sonny cumbie is staying at tcu in part because he/they think doug meachum is getting the tulane job...

@McMurphyESPN: There are reports Doug Meacham is new coach at Tulane. However, Meacham is “not even a candidate" source told @espn

Weird. 

In this in addition to Cumbie or instead of Cumbie?  Last I heard Cumbie was offered the OC with a wad of cash?

Texas is still one of the best coaching gigs in the country - did Cumbie turn it down?

Just trying to catch up I guess.

Cumbie turned down offer. 

You gotta wanna be a Horn. 

wrong

From your link on the other thread

But Gilbert, who spent just one season at the school, did not call the plays at Tulsa. Those duties belonged to head coach Philip Montgomery, per

of the Austin American-Statesman. 

At Bowling Green in 2014, he was a co-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, another position where he didn't call the plays. Now he'll be responsible for Texas in the offensively stacked Big 12 that has high-powered teams such as Oklahoma, Baylor, TCU and Oklahoma State. 

@zach_barnett: I'm told reports out of Austin are premature. Sterlin Gilbert has not been offered the Texas OC job.

the-scoop

GCM said earlier that Strong offers too much.  I'm sure that is what happens at every school, but does every thing Texas does have to be public?  Does the staff or Charlie leak these things out and then end up with egg on their face?

Sumlin is completely opposite when it comes to hiring which is kind of annoying at times, but seems to work.  Chavis was out of left field and even got Sumlin's pool boy fired for a tweet.  The new OC or lack there of for A&M has been a total secret.

Which would you rather?  Be informed and look stupid or be surprised?