Week 9 Polls

@USATODAYsports: .@OhioStAthletics tightens its grip on No. 1 in the @AmwayUS #CoachesPoll:

This is the hidden content, please

@AP_Top25: POLL ALERT: #Utah, #FloridaSt tumble in Top 25; #Clemson rises; #Alabama lurks; #OhioSt No. 1.

Edited by Mr. Buddy Garrity

Interesting thought I just heard on the radio that I've never thought of.  

The Big 12-2 gets knocked by the playoff committee for not having a Conference Championship game like the other conferences.  If they don't want to add 2 teams because it doesn't make financial sense, then how about the league champ playing the top Independent team each year on championship weekend.  Playing a 13th game against Notre Dame or BYU would only benefit both and make them both a ton of money.  The NCAA would have to approve it, but it makes for interesting discussion.

Thoughts?

One of the Big 12 teams will lose when they play each other - the other should be a lock unless the unthinkable happens and one of the 2 beats the other and then has some unnamed team beat them - could be Texas if Baylor beats TCU.  If both teams end with 1 loss Big 12 could be excluded again.

The Big 12-2 gets knocked by the playoff committee for not having a Conference Championship game like the other conferences.  If they don't want to add 2 teams because it doesn't make financial sense, then how about the league champ playing the top Independent team each year on championship weekend.  Playing a 13th game against Notre Dame or BYU would only benefit both and make them both a ton of money.  The NCAA would have to approve it, but it makes for interesting discussion.

Thoughts?

mack: you know if something makes sense they not going to entertain it. (Ncaa) 

One of the Big 12 teams will lose when they play each other - the other should be a lock unless the unthinkable happens and one of the 2 beats the other and then has some unnamed team beat them - could be Texas if Baylor beats TCU.  If both teams end with 1 loss Big 12 could be excluded again.

OU has been playing well the last 2 weeks.  Baylor's QB broke his neck and they are starting a true freshman.  TCU doesn't have a championship defense.  I predict mass chaos in the Big 12 over the next month

Poor SEC.  Fraud for the 3rd year in a row.  It's just everyone not in that inbred league of misfits knew it a lot earlier this time!

Your list man - Top 20 on that list - Top Leagues:

8 - SEC    4 Big 12    3 Pac 12

If I remember right you were the one that used to give the SEC hell for "being top heavy" - once you get past the top 3 teams in the Big 12 where are the rest?

Look I do think the SEC is down this year and to a degree last years and the big 3 of the Big 12 deserve kudos - but while the SEC is "down" - still you look at the numbers it is still one of the toughest leagues to play in week in and week out.

Your list man - Top 20 on that list - Top Leagues:

8 - SEC    4 Big 12    3 Pac 12

If I remember right you were the one that used to give the SEC hell for "being top heavy" - once you get past the top 3 teams in the Big 12 where are the rest?

Look I do think the SEC is down this year and to a degree last years and the big 3 of the Big 12 deserve kudos - but while the SEC is "down" - still you look at the numbers it is still one of the toughest leagues to play in week in and week out.

Look buddy, don't start throwing statistics into this argument.  And using former statements I've made against me is strictly forbidden.  

In all fairness, I stopped reading at the top 5.  So I missed any of the SEC teams.  However, here is the latest conference rankings based on hard data (similar to the RPI in CBB which we both like).  Some might be surprised to see who's on top among the power 5:

Thoughts?

this should be discussed on another thread to help keep the impaired focused on the polls.