Dayton 41 Humble 20/Final

WOSgrad

Once again congrats to kids and coaches on a big win. Love watching the new Dayton offense that just punches people in the mouth running the ball. That oline is young and nasty. Dayton's defense has only given up 12 pts the second half of the last 4 games combined. Just have to figure that first half out. Dayton was playing very short handed the first 3 games of the year and it seems like at least for now Dayton is healthy and getting better every week. Also have to give it up to our qb who was throwing up the entire game and gutted it out. Hope that kid Robison that was injured was nothing serious and he gets back for the Crosby game. Can't wait for next Friday but for now it's off to smack some doves in this crappy weather. 

yall play GP lol, over by halftime. 

Red Dawn you are the first Crosby fan that I actually look t read your opinion. There is another that I have respect for as well. Appreciate someone not having those really thick red colored glasses

I'm all in on the Cougars this year.  IF we stay healthy and IF we keep improving, we could make a run at it.  I do believe the Coogs have way more upside than other teams in our district, but I also know that does not guarantee an undefeated district season.

I'm all in on the Cougars this year.  IF we stay healthy and IF we keep improving, we could make a run at it.  I do believe the Coogs have way more upside than other teams in our district, but I also know that does not guarantee an undefeated district season.

Great synopsis. SOmething I can get behind. I agree with this statement 100%. I however do believe the road to state is going to be much more difficult than last season. Crosby must play better than they have to make the trip a few miles to play for state. I believe they have all the tools but have not been up their potential. 

Great synopsis. SOmething I can get behind. I agree with this statement 100%. I however do believe the road to state is going to be much more difficult than last season. Crosby must play better than they have to make the trip a few miles to play for state. I believe they have all the tools but have not been up their potential. 

Crosby is winning by over 23ppg, lot higher average than at this point last year. The team also looks better. What D2 teams do you see making the road harder for Crosby this year? 

Don't look at final scores, Crosby is trying to keep key players healthy.  They aren't running up stats for records, they are pulling kids a lot earlier this year.  Dayton Crosby game can't get here soon enough, Liltex, I got an XS red shirt for you to put on.

I agree.  But they didn't live up to their potential last year until the playoffs either.  They peaked late, which is what you want.  As far as the road to the championship being more difficult...It could be.  We just have to play who's in front of us, but if it is more difficult I do believe that the Cougars are better than this time last year and will be a tougher team to knock out than last year's state semifinalists.  That doesn't mean they'll make it to semis or state.  Some playoff "Magic" comes in to play each year.  But I do believe this team is stronger from top to bottom than last year's.

Don't look at final scores, Crosby is trying to keep key players healthy.  They aren't running up stats for records, they are pulling kids a lot earlier this year.  Dayton Crosby game can't get here soon enough, Liltex, I got an XS red shirt for you to put on.

You're exactly right CougarCal.  Crosby is definitely not padding their stats.  As I've stated, I think Dayton is a good team, but there was a lot of difference in the Crosby and Dayton wins vs Humble.  If you look at the score you would say Dayton was more dominant.  If you watched the game you would have seen Crosby a bit out of sync offensively for the 1st quarter until Williams entered the game.  Then ran off to a 27-0 2nd quarter and coasted in while resting starters and keeping them healthy.  Defensively you saw the 1st team defense pitch a shutout first half and get quickly pulled in the second half.  In the Dayton victory over Humble I saw a dogfight for a half, then Dayton's o-line took over and Humble got sloppy.  Both good wins, but if you watched both games you'd have a different take than just the final scores.