Sam Dubose/Cincinnati

​And, (A) Some cops misusing their authority and perceived power

(B) Some cops need more training

(C) Some cops are bad seeds

(D) Citizens need to chill and follow directions. Try not to panic and set them off.

​A. Sure. Politicians, doctors, lawyers, judges, clergymen and everyone from every walk of life abuse their authority. Is there a point or are you simply stating the obvious?

B. Yep. I would go as far to say that all cops (and like above, almost everyone else) need more training. The state mandates a minimum of 20 additional hours of training per year for officers. In my career I would have to have just over an additional 600 hours. My total training hours to date is about 3,000 or 500% more than state mandate. Many officers are in that same category and pass the same information on to those that have not had so many. In fact I teach a few times a year at the police academy on just such additional training, specializing in arrest, search and seizure. 

C. See (A.)

D. This one alone would end about 99% of all confrontations. Chris Rock even does that great video on it and if he had $1 for every time it has been shown on youtube, he could start out a broke person on government assistance and be a millionaire. It is funny but like most comedy, the funniest stuff is true. You can youtube any number of current black citizens that keep saying the same thing and on many occasions offer no excuse for police officers. They simply say, quit fighting, quit running, quit arguing and if you feel that the officers violated some rights or laws, fight it in another venue, namely court.