Realignment talk?

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody heard if the 6A cutoff number is going to drop? I remember seeing this a while back but was having trouble finding it. I can't see the whole article as I don't pay for the Sun.

How do you think this will impact any GCCISD highschool re-zoning? Also may keep PAM in 6A if this happens.

GCCISD enrollment numbers discussed, GCM could move to 6A with Feb. realignment

Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2015 12:00 am

This is the hidden content, please
By Trent Padgett
Baytown Sun |

Every two years, the UIL takes a snapshot in October of all the public schools in Texas and realign the league’s districts for athletic and academic competition, based on geographic area and school enrollment numbers.

The current cutoff for Class 6A is 2,100, but that number could go down based on the number of schools being built in other parts of the state.

Edited by John Blutarsky

Anybody heard if the 6A cutoff number is going to drop? I remember seeing this a while back but was having trouble finding it. I can't see the whole article as I don't pay for the Sun.

How do you think this will impact any GCCISD highschool re-zoning? Also may keep PAM in 6A if this happens.

GCCISD enrollment numbers discussed, GCM could move to 6A with Feb. realignment

Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2015 12:00 am

By Trent Padgett
Baytown Sun |

Every two years, the UIL takes a snapshot in October of all the public schools in Texas and realign the league’s districts for athletic and academic competition, based on geographic area and school enrollment numbers.

The current cutoff for Class 6A is 2,100, but that number could go down based on the number of schools being built in other parts of the state.

Even with the few new schools that will open I think it would be hard for the 5A enrollment cap to drop, which is essentially the 6A floor dropping also. There are about 30 5A schools with over 2k kids, another 30 or so have more than 1900 kids. 244 schools currently play 6A and 250 play in 5A, I think there would be enough borderline schools that increase in enrollment to take the place of those like Manvel that would drop down into 5A.