Lufkin 7on7 SQT Pools for Saturday, June 6th

Sorry PN-G defeated Tyler Lee 33-26 Then on to face Crasby which was a very tough game by the way. The score was much closer til near the end. Ended up winning 35-18.

​i heard the crosby folks were acting like their normal selves today.

Last year it was PNG fans, not players, that dropped their class at the gate for some reason.  Even other schools that don't have the 'rivalry' said "they have been like that all day, awful".  Maybe it was the heat. 

I was told by tournament officials that one player from both sides was ejected...one other player was removed by Crosby but the 7on7 coaches removed him not the officials.....so give credit to Crosby for policing their kids when they did wrong.

As for the other stuff....it usually takes two to tango..I'm sure there was wrong on both sides

Edited by Matthew328

It always takes 2 to tango....... However I do think it is funny to measure class from opinions on this website. If any of these posts are from fans that actually strapped on a helmet, you will definately know that its highly impossible, or unlikely, that one individual on the field was talking trash to himself. And in all my experience on the field, I never encountered a team that was quiet on the other side. That being said, other than individuals on this board, the rivalry is not that strong among these 2 schools. IMO it a hatred among a few keyboard warriors on these sites. Crosby wanting what PNG has in Tradition, and PNG wanting in what Crosby has, deep playoff runs and recognition. But im sure it will make for some intersting and fun reading throughout the year. My take on 7 on 7 is nothing more than a controlled scrimmage. No pads, no hitting, no coaching. But I can assure one thing, you can "Drop Class" anywhere, including this forum. Bash me now, I have extremely broad shoulders........

Totally agree with the trash talking on both sides Stattrax.  Me personally as a parent I would never say anything to a kid that was playing.  I have been known to say something to a parent though, but that's me, everyone handles situations differently.  Anyone who knows the coaching staff of Crosby knows that if one of their kids is wrong, disrespectful, or whatever that it will be handled appropriately.  What's funny though, most of the time if the parents do stay out of it, the kids police themselves pretty well, no matter what the age group.

It always takes 2 to tango....... However I do think it is funny to measure class from opinions on this website. If any of these posts are from fans that actually strapped on a helmet, you will definately know that its highly impossible, or unlikely, that one individual on the field was talking trash to himself. And in all my experience on the field, I never encountered a team that was quiet on the other side. That being said, other than individuals on this board, the rivalry is not that strong among these 2 schools. IMO it a hatred among a few keyboard warriors on these sites. Crosby wanting what PNG has in Tradition, and PNG wanting in what Crosby has, deep playoff runs and recognition. But im sure it will make for some intersting and fun reading throughout the year. My take on 7 on 7 is nothing more than a controlled scrimmage. No pads, no hitting, no coaching. But I can assure one thing, you can "Drop Class" anywhere, including this forum. Bash me now, I have extremely broad shoulders........

​Not really sure why you think you are going to be bashed, however I stand by my remarks.  Unfortunately, last year there was a group of fans from PNG that wanted to get involved in the trash talk on the field between the players on both sides.  Keep in mind the stands are only on one side of this field, a soccer field, and it happened to be right behind the Crosby bench, PNG bench was on the other side.  Players on both sides were talking trash back and forth.  However, when Crosby would walk off the field still talking trash or responding to trash some fans took it upon themselves to talk trash to the players, the kids.  Somehow they felt the trash talk was to the fans.  To make circumstances more unfortunate the mother of one of the boys was sitting next to these fans that were yelling at her kid, when they were not flat out trashing him in the stands to her.  She was wise enough to respectfully remove herself from the situation.  One of the fans yelled "you want to yell at me kid" the kid replied with "no one is talking to you".  So yes I do believe they dropped their class at the gate....hopefully they picked up on the way out.  While this was going on I was standing close to a coach from another team that was watching our game.  When I spoke to the mother that moved he said, "they have been like this all day, awful".  It may have been the first time these fans had attended a game or a 7 on 7 tournament since they continued to yell "watch the pass" the entire tournament.  Perhaps some of the fans that didn't leave their class at the gate could have checked the problem or maybe it wasn't worth it to them.  I don't hate anyone on this site, most are great entertainment when I am about to claw my eyes out at work.  What happened last year is about as important now as what I had for breakfast yesterday.  Moving on and good luck in the up coming season.