Mayor Didn't Call For Investigation!

smitty

let me understand something:  Baltimore has a black mayor.  They have a black police chief.  Three of the 6 police officers that were charged was black.  And the police department has a high percentage, if not majority of, minorities.  But yet the black mayor want's the feds to come in and investigate whether or not Baltimore has a racist police department?  Well, remember, al "Rooster" sharpton has called for the take over of all police departments by the feds.  It's my understanding that the feds have basically taken over the police departments of New Orleans and Seattle, just to name a few. 

So -- the point?  It wasn't the mayor that made that call.  She was pressured by the feds to ask for this investigation!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/justice-department-to-launch-federal-investigation-of-baltimore-police/2015/05/07/b3a422da-f4d4-11e4-b2f3-af5479e6bbdd_story.html

It is called, "The buck stops there!".

The mayor and police chief are in charge and yet claim to have no clue what is going on in their department. They set the rules, they do the hiring, they set the discipline, they set the training and they are the management..... but it is the fault of someone else. 

Now they ask another government agency to come in and tell them if they are screwing up. 

It is called pass the buck, I am not responsible, things went to crap under my leadership and I need to blame someone else, I am black and so is my police chief and a majority of our department but I need to blame it on racism, etc. 

The lack of leadership by the mayor is almost beyond the pale.