BEAT the Heat Tournament

Coach_Pop

Your right winwin it is case by case but txhoops sometimes playing on a so called higher level isn't what it's cracked up to be nothing wrong with the so called Lower level because as I've been told numerous times if you can play they'll find you no matter who you play for . It does help playing for a big name team but some kids get lost in the shuffle which isn't good for anyone in the end . Know a kid who played with a group for a long time had a couple of bad games they brought in other players kid left because his minutes decreased should he have stuck it out maybe but kids want to play not sit the bench and I'm sure any coach would say some basketball is better than none especially when we talking about developing

Completely agree with all of that. Wasn't the case with either kid I am talking about though.

Your right winwin it is case by case but txhoops sometimes playing on a so called higher level isn't what it's cracked up to be nothing wrong with the so called Lower level because as I've been told numerous times if you can play they'll find you no matter who you play for . It does help playing for a big name team but some kids get lost in the shuffle which isn't good for anyone in the end . Know a kid who played with a group for a long time had a couple of bad games they brought in other players kid left because his minutes decreased should he have stuck it out maybe but kids want to play not sit the bench and I'm sure any coach would say some basketball is better than none especially when we talking about developing

Bingo. If you can play they will find you. Kerwin Roach didn't play for a "huge" team.

Tevin Baker - Kelly
John Kraemer - Kelly
Kevin Howard - Nederland
Devin Ellis - Central
Dareiyus Richard - Central
Geary Senigaur - Central
Jamerson Roberts - Hardin Jefferson
Dyron Chatman - Memorial
Jared Chambers - West Brook

Hey Dove!!!! What's up Bro?? I've been hard at it since the Strike ended Lol
This AAU stuff is hilarious, maybe I'm at the wrong tournaments, cuz I ain't seen no Coaches Lol
Yes I did say ain't seen no Coaches. Can some of you upper echelon AAU guys get me some credentials? I just wanna see one Coach. It can be Time Warner CC, I don't care
I'll buy the popcorn Soulja, Buddy, Dove, TxHoops, Brady etc..

This AAU stuff is hilarious, maybe I'm at the wrong tournaments, cuz I ain't seen no Coaches Lol
Yes I did say ain't seen no Coaches. Can some of you upper echelon AAU guys get me some credentials? I just wanna see one Coach. It can be Time Warner CC, I don't care

Oh boy…….  :ph34r:

2017 class is loaded with talent. The regional coaches better take a look or they will miss out.

LOL!!! hey man!!! Now you know I know why you busy making up for lost time. "Some people"  ;)  don't play that in they household (Ebonic sentence structure).

You're at the wrong events maybe. Had 15 D1 head coaches at our Friday night game in Louisville (including Bill Self) as well as the Findlay Prep staff recruiting.

You're at the wrong events maybe. Had 15 D1 head coaches at our Friday night game in Louisville (including Bill Self) as well as the Findlay Prep staff recruiting.

I'm at the events that claim I must be NCAA certified & claim Coaches will be there. I only mention this because it's obvious you should play Quality Summer tournaments over Quantity. There are only a select few kids getting D1 scholarships, & a smaller group getting Big Time D1. So if that's the case, many kids are left with D2, D3, NAIA, & Juco's vying for their services. I don't know many kids that are on travel teams that set their sights on the lower level offers. All I'm saying is I've been to 2 big Tournaments in Houston & I personally haven't seen or heard of any Coaches being present. I know the Real Deal because I've been recruited & have just went through the process with my Son, I'm just trying to help people understand this is a Money Racket if not careful. I don't have a dog on the fight, I Volunteer Coach because I love the game, but I refuse to let anyone BS me. Summer Hoops has evolved & provides another avenue to get exposure, but in no means is it the only Avenue.
There's a lot of money exchanged throughout the Spring/Summer with kids playing ball at the various ages, but the amount of Scholsrships awarded Pales in comparison. Dreams can be expensive. Lol

Great point BigCam and as I was told before from an evaluator if you really want know if a college coach wants you tell your mom,coach anyone besides yourself would they offer you in their face and then you'll get an answer. All the talk about who is playing in front of who and getting interest from means nothing. Until you have been legitimately offered. In the end all of this just preparation in hopes of .....If kids happen to further their dream then some it but I want them to know you can always get an education and be the one who signs the checks....and there is absolutely nothing wrong with d2,d3,NAIA ,Juco,community college they are all avenues that can lead to success D1 ain't for everybody ....

And also I want to add this if people would get off of their emotional side and come together SETX could produce tons of scholarships for kids with the amount of talent we have but we let our kids go to Houston and play and make their programs better and make them money. If ppl are truly about the kids then this could happen .. It's a shame when AAU coaches have a greater interest in making a name for themselves than they have in making a name for their kids...I'm tired of hearing about who doesn't get along all I know is EGOS have to be put aside for this to happen. Doesn't matter who sends the kid to college as long he goes . We could have a legitimate show deal with this this but of course someone would get greedy take money turn kids against each other and then boom it all blows up ....this is why you have 20 summer teams in SETX because no one trusts the next man to do right ...I've think all the coaches out here do well and I think they do care about it because this is time consuming and costs money ...and I havent had any problems with any of them so I'm all in.....just something to think about...

I'm at the events that claim I must be NCAA certified & claim Coaches will be there. I only mention this because it's obvious you should play Quality Summer tournaments over Quantity. There are only a select few kids getting D1 scholarships, & a smaller group getting Big Time D1. So if that's the case, many kids are left with D2, D3, NAIA, & Juco's vying for their services. I don't know many kids that are on travel teams that set their sights on the lower level offers. All I'm saying is I've been to 2 big Tournaments in Houston & I personally haven't seen or heard of any Coaches being present. I know the Real Deal because I've been recruited & have just went through the process with my Son, I'm just trying to help people understand this is a Money Racket if not careful. I don't have a dog on the fight, I Volunteer Coach because I love the game, but I refuse to let anyone BS me. Summer Hoops has evolved & provides another avenue to get exposure, but in no means is it the only Avenue.
There's a lot of money exchanged throughout the Spring/Summer with kids playing ball at the various ages, but the amount of Scholsrships awarded Pales in comparison. Dreams can be expensive. Lol

They should have the tournament promoters to change the wording to something like, " Yes , we are a NCAA certified event, but that don't mean any coach's coming." 

A lot of variables come into play if you're trying to get kids into one organization.  It sounds easy if you put the kids under one umbrella orgamiza ooops!!! Under one NON-PROFIT community base basketball umbrella.

Put your top performers on your 17u showcase team and have them participate in NCAA certified  tourneys with a PROVEN track record for having coaches at their events. Another 17u team to travel to local tourneys and another 17u developmental team.

Get someone to volunteer work on the NAIA, JUCO, & D2 schools to develop a rapport with coaches. Get your players workouts in front of the coaches. But this can be tricky too because you better not send them just bodies and a prayer. Keep your egos at home  ;)