Texas A&M 100 Texas 82 Final/Comments

king

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Techsan

Congrats to the Ags. It blows my mind that Tech has lost 3 straight in conference but was able to take down A&M and Kansas back to back go figure.

I was impressed with the fact that A&M was able to match bodies with Augustin and Durant and still cruise down the stretch. Barring anything drastic I believe the hype about A&M being a Final Four team at this point.

This is the hidden content, please

COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- Josh Carter scored 24 points and Acie Law added 21 points and 15 assists to lead No. 6 Texas A&M to a 100-82 victory over Texas on Monday night.

The win was the Aggies' 21st straight at home, and it left them in sole possession of first place in the Big 12.

Kevin Durant had 28 points for the Longhorns (16-7, 6-3 Big 12), but the Aggies finally found some scoring punch to go with one of the nation's stingiest defenses -- and that was too much for Texas and its super freshman.

Texas A&M (20-3, 8-1) led 69-63 when Law hit the court hard and had to be helped to the locker room, biting his jersey in pain because of an ailing leg. The record crowd of 13,196 chanted "A-cie! A-cie!" as he left the court.

With Joseph Jones already on the bench with four fouls, the Aggies were left to depend on inexperienced freshman Donald Sloan and Bryan Davis.

But the pair came through. Sloan kept Durant in check and Davis added four points until Law returned about three minutes later.

A 3-pointer by A.J. Abrams and two free throws by D.J. Augustin cut A&M's lead to 76-73, but the Longhorns got no closer.

Sloan continued to impress even after Law returned, capping a 7-2 run with his basket that made it 83-75.

Carter added a basket before a steal by Sloan and another basket by Carter made it 87-75, and the Longhorns never threatened again.

Durant scored 12 points in the first six minutes of the second half, including seven straight that gave the Longhorns a 58-57 lead, their first of the game.

A&M quickly got back on top on Carter's 3-pointer on the next possession, only to see it tied back up when Augustin hit a pair of free throws.

Sloan hit a quick 3 and Antanas Kavaliauskas sandwiched two baskets around a free throw by Durant to push Texas A&M's lead to 67-61 with 11:24 remaining.

The Aggies led by as many as 14 points in the first half, but Texas made 20 of 21 free throws to cut the deficit to 45-40 at halftime.

Guest Techsan

Lonestar maybe you can answer this for me, why is there a trophy for the A&M/UT basketball game, is it a single trophy or does the winner of every UT/A&M get a trophy? Just curious as to why A&M was getting a rivalry trophy when theres still another game between the two schools.

It started 3 or 4 years ago and is the State Farm Lone Star Showdown.  There is one trophy and it is presented to the winner of every A&M-UT game/match/meet, etc.  They do a point system, and the school with the most points over the year "gets" the trophy for the year.  When a sport plays only once a year, the winner gets one point.  In basketball, each game is worth half a point.  In baseball, the winner of the series gets the point, etc.  As for why they do it?  It was State Farm and the ADs of the two schools idea and is about the $$$$$.

Guest Techsan

With the trophy being passed around so much Im surprised it hasnt been lost yet. You know some friends and I were talking the other night and we would really like to see a traveling trophy for the Tech/A&M football game, maybe it'll prevent the ADs from ultimately moving the game to the Cotton Bowl....

Guest RBarker

it will be a whole different story when tx a&m comes to down to austin and plays, it will be a better game... and every bodys all happy cuz tx a&m finally won and dang game wow act like u been there o wait yah its very rare yall beet texas in any sport let alone football or basketball with yall did this year

it will be a whole different story when tx a&m comes to down to austin and plays, it will be a better game... and every bodys all happy cuz tx a&m finally won and dang game wow act like u been there o wait yah its very rare yall beet texas in any sport let alone football or basketball with yall did this year

Spoken and misspelled like a crying horn would do.

wambulance5fw.jpg

Morgan, why do you continue to say things when you don't know what you are talking about?  A&M beat Texas at Reed in basketball last year.....and the year before as well.  Since they have been doing that trophy, A&M leads the series in basketball 3-2. 

A&M won the game.....move on.  No Aggie fans came on here to be obnnoxious or rub the win in the longhorn fans faces.  You and a few others came on here and made backhanded compliments or insults to Aggie fans about the win.  Don't be sore losers and don't run your mouth about things especially when you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Morgan, why do you continue to say things when you don't know what you are talking about?  A&M beat Texas at Reed in basketball last year.....and the year before as well.  Since they have been doing that trophy, A&M leads the series in basketball 3-2. 

A&M won the game.....move on.  No Aggie fans came on here to be obnnoxious or rub the win in the longhorn fans faces.  You and a few others came on here and made backhanded compliments or insults to Aggie fans about the win.  Don't be sore losers and don't run your mouth about things especially when you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

didnt i congratulate them in a previous post?  i agree they won the game, im not denying that......and i have not insulted any aggie fans on here, or if i did it wasnt intended

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont