Money Talks

Aledo has won five of six because of their booster club called the A Team. These men go out and find studs at middle school games pull them aside and next thing you know that kids parents are working and living in aledo. MONEY TALKS. Southlake why are they state know in almost every sport, theyve won 3A 4A 5A state championships in football baseball cross country and been to the state tourney in basketball. and Their enrollment is lower than West Brooks so explain that. MONEY 

Aledo has won five of six because of their booster club called the A Team. These men go out and find studs at middle school games pull them aside and next thing you know that kids parents are working and living in aledo. MONEY TALKS. Southlake why are they state know in almost every sport, theyve won 3A 4A 5A state championships in football baseball cross country and been to the state tourney in basketball. and Their enrollment is lower than West Brooks so explain that. MONEY

1. Aledo does not recruit. People have been saying that for years but considering that they have been good since the 90s with Buchanan the logic is flawed. Players like Newsome transfer in to get noticed since Aledo does better than their home schools. Since I know next someone will try to mention gray but considering the school he would have gone to if he didn't move it was most likely a safety reason. I was also a grade above him and if Aledo really did recruit then Gray would have never started until his senior year. Mineral Wells had a running back in 7th grade that ran for 350 on us. Aledo also has some of the top academic scores in the state and that makes families want to move in there.

2. Carroll does have money but they too built up a program over time and now it is about participation numbers and expecting the best.

3. As for West Brook read above. Fort Worth and Dallas schools are winning because they have and can play better competition. The parents have passed bonds for the best facilities. This is why Oak Cliff students end up in DeSoto Cedar Hill and now Duncanville. These schools also will have 5 teams plus varsity and run the same plays from middle school up. West Brook can not do any of this.

I did say money helps but having money leads to better facilities and better academics. That leads to more families wanting to move there and then expecting the best. Brock is the perfect example they have money but many of their students move from Aledo and Weatherford because of how good the schools are and how competitive they are. Their football team proved it this year in only it's 2nd full year.

They wouldn't see a state title if every high school in the golden triangle combined. I mean crap look at Beaumont ISD...they just trying to figure out how to make payroll. I will say there is a ton of talent there, but there is also lots of talent in Dallas and Houston ISD as well. No school from either one of those places is winning a state title in football.

You're crazy...if Beaumont had one high school we'd compete for a state title year in and year out.

1. Aledo does not recruit. People have been saying that for years but considering that they have been good since the 90s with Buchanan the logic is flawed. Players like Newsome transfer in to get noticed since Aledo does better than their home schools. Since I know next someone will try to mention gray but considering the school he would have gone to if he didn't move it was most likely a safety reason. I was also a grade above him and if Aledo really did recruit then Gray would have never started until his senior year. Mineral Wells had a running back in 7th grade that ran for 350 on us. Aledo also has some of the top academic scores in the state and that makes families want to move in there.

2. Carroll does have money but they too built up a program over time and now it is about participation numbers and expecting the best.

3. As for West Brook read above. Fort Worth and Dallas schools are winning because they have and can play better competition. The parents have passed bonds for the best facilities. This is why Oak Cliff students end up in DeSoto Cedar Hill and now Duncanville. These schools also will have 5 teams plus varsity and run the same plays from middle school up. West Brook can not do any of this.

I did say money helps but having money leads to better facilities and better academics. That leads to more families wanting to move there and then expecting the best. Brock is the perfect example they have money but many of their students move from Aledo and Weatherford because of how good the schools are and how competitive they are. Their football team proved it this year in only it's 2nd full year.

+1,000

Raider Red 30, Are you from planet earth? Carroll ISD has the highest median income in the state. Highland Park and Eanes are 2nd and 3rd. Are you saying they have not won anything?

Aledo Recruits my man, my step brother played ball with Broderick Newton at Texas A&M and he told me face to face, a booster club member offered his mother a job at his company and found them an apartment at his middle school game his 8th grade year when he was playing at FWISD middle school championship game. He said his mom worked there four years. So what do you call that, and he told me that not hear say, point blank. Brock took them 3-4 rounds deep. 

Aledo Recruits my man, my step brother played ball with Broderick Newton at Texas A&M and he told me face to face, a booster club member offered his mother a job at his company and found them an apartment at his middle school game his 8th grade year when he was playing at FWISD middle school championship game. He said his mom worked there four years. So what do you call that, and he told me that not hear say, point blank. Brock took them 3-4 rounds deep.

Even better story lived there and my mother taught there while Newton was there and Aledo at that time did not have a booster club.

Booster club Benefactor whatever you want to call it, The A Team is what every one calls them according to Brock. I'm going by what he told me and according to him his mom got a job from a man who owned a business found them an apartment she could all the sudden afford and they moved from the slums to aledo where it was nice and open, once again his words. he also said once he went to A&M momma didnt have a job anymore and he thought it was BS, once again his word not mine. So I dont know anything about aledo other than its in fort worth and they win a strange amount of championships. And the only dude I know from there told me a story, could be he was fibbing but he seemed believable to me.

Booster club Benefactor whatever you want to call it, The A Team is what every one calls them according to Brock. I'm going by what he told me and according to him his mom got a job from a man who owned a business found them an apartment she could all the sudden afford and they moved from the slums to aledo where it was nice and open, once again his words. he also said once he went to A&M momma didnt have a job anymore and he thought it was BS, once again his word not mine. So I dont know anything about aledo other than its in fort worth and they win a strange amount of championships. And the only dude I know from there told me a story, could be he was fibbing but he seemed believable to me.

Aledo at the time didn't have apartments and even according to your story proves Aledo didn't recruit as these are people that have nothing to do with the school. Buchanan came in there and changed the dynamics plus it's growing rapidly. That is why they have been winning.

I guess you need to define "richest". Median household income is the most accurate metric for determining the wealth of the district. Wealth of the district is directly correlated to athletic success. If you look at the last 20 years to see which school won the most titles each year you are probably going to find schools with the highest median income.

You are going to hurt all the SETX haters feelings with this story.
That's the kind of money that talks!

So the study uses the average income for the entire state, that includes all cities, then only looks at the 5a and 6a state champs average incomes.

What a shock.

Let's look at it like this...correct me if I'm wrong; Newton was the last state champ from setx some 10 years ago. Why is that? The rest of the state has left setx in the dust when it comes to facilities, coaching, and anything else along those lines. When Newton and WOS were forced to practice in a gym because of rain, Gilmer and Waskom were practicing on turf or in an indoor. While WOS and Newton pay their head coaches 85k and 70k a year, respectively, Gilmer and Waskom are paying theirs 120k and 85k, respectively. They're called PRIORITIES. Until that changes, setx will not win another state title. You can take that to the bank. Ever heard the ole addage "wins can be bought?" It's very true.