Why Not Expand Medicare To All Age Ranges?

EnlightenedMessiah

And how are you going to pay for this communist pipe dream????

The same way they pay for it now..... they don't. That is why most doctors do not and will not accept Medicare. They do a procedure that costs the average person and insurance company $200 but the federal government sends them $35 and says take it or leave it.

It is that kind of short changing that will end medicine as we know it. It is like a person going to Saltgrass restaurant and running up a $150 bill but only paying $25 at the register and expecting them to stay open at the same quality of service. That is also why medicine in many cases charges such high fees for those of us that actually have to pay for services rendered. It is to pay for those that will not pay which includes the federal government. 

Should we get rid of Medicare then? How are our elderly going to pay for their exponentially increasing healthcare costs? Remember, the average American is a complete idiot.

The same way they pay for it now..... they don't. That is why most doctors do not and will not accept Medicare. They do a procedure that costs the average person and insurance company $200 but the federal government sends them $35 and says take it or leave it.

It is that kind of short changing that will end medicine as we know it. It is like a person going to Saltgrass restaurant and running up a $150 bill but only paying $25 at the register and expecting them to stay open at the same quality of service. That is also why medicine in many cases charges such high fees for those of us that actually have to pay for services rendered. It is to pay for those that will not pay which includes the federal government.

Then it can be used for a major talking point in 2016. not trying to bash republicans but even throughout the pushing of obamacare I didn't see them suggest any alternative (other than the "my insurance is fine, therefore healthcare insurance isn't an issue") rhetoric

Not really a fair observation or proposal......The President will probably veto anything they run across his desk. No way will he let a viable solution replace his baby.....

Then it can be used for a major talking point in 2016. not trying to bash republicans but even throughout the pushing of obamacare I didn't see them suggest any alternative (other than the "my insurance is fine, therefore healthcare insurance isn't an issue") rhetoric

Maybe because many believe there should't be an alternative...the fed gov has no business involving themselves in health care.

You and many others need to stop seeing the fed gov as the answer to all ills.

You need to stop making broad generalizations, not once have I ever said government is always the answer.

Maybe because many believe there should't be an alternative...the fed gov has no business involving themselves in health care.

You and many others need to stop seeing the fed gov as the answer to all ills.

You need to stop making broad generalizations, not once have I ever said government is always the answer.

You said the Republicans should have offered an alternative and I disagree, no alternative, no counter offer for obamacare was needed.

If the Democrats said we should provide everyone with a new Lexus, the right response is no one gets a new car, not that we should provide a Honda instead.

Some things are not the business of the fed gov...that is if you still want to go by the Constitution and not consider it a charter of negative liberties.

So let's be consistent and get rid of social security and Medicare as well. You might be fine, but the vast majority of the country will not.

You said the Republicans should have offered an alternative and I disagree, no alternative, no counter offer for obamacare was needed.

If the Democrats said we should provide everyone with a new Lexus, the right response is no one gets a new car, not that we should provide a Honda instead.

Some things are not the business of the fed gov...that is if you still want to go by the Constitution and not consider it a charter of negative liberties.

So let's be consistent and get rid of social security and Medicare as well. You might be fine, but the vast majority of the country will not.

Works for me...pay out to all those that are over a certain age and announce a cutoff date.

It's a wonderful thought but we all know it will never happen...but it should.

Bottom line is that it will eventually all go away if we continue down this road.

Works for me...pay out to all those that are over a certain age and announce a cutoff date.

It's a wonderful thought but we all know it will never happen...but it should.

Bottom line is that it will eventually all go away if we continue down this road.

Ponzi schemes usually do!  The point is: How long can you print money to keep bankrupt agency's afloat without everything imploding?

They actually did before and during Obama's term.....

1. Ten Steps to Transform Health Care in America Act (S. 1783) introduced by Senator Mike Enzi (R-WY) July 12, 2007.
  2. Every American Insured Health Act introduced by Senators Richard Burr (R-NC) and Bob Corker (R-TN) with co-sponsors Tom Coburn (R-OK), Mel Martinez (formerly R-FL) and Elizabeth Dole (formerly R-NC) on July 26, 2007.
  3. Senators Bob Bennett (R-UT) and Ron Wyden (D-OR) introduced the Healthy Americans Act on January 18, 2007 and re-introduced the same bill on February 5, 2009.
  4. Patients’ Choice Act of 2009 introduced by Senators Tom Coburn (R-OK) and Richard Burr (R-NC) and Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) and Devin Nunes (R-CA) on May 20, 2009.
  5. H.R. 2300, Empowering Patients First Act introduced July 30, 2009 by Rep. Tom Price (R-GA).

Now keep in mind when Obama was trying to pass the bill, Republican's tried to negotiate and had asked for meetings.......Obama would have nothing to do with it......

That's why it was named Obamacare.......He owns it.

http://www.redstate.com/diary/mvespa/2013/09/09/republicans-have-introduced-alternatives-to-obamacare-for-years/