usssa baseball

locker room talk

guys it is not some big secret.  There are 2 different organizations that the teams are affiliated with.  It is only normal for the gladiators and piranhas to play nations, since they host those tournaments.  Likewise for the vipers, they are affiliated with USSSA baseball and play their tournaments.  I know in the past, both have played each others tournaments from time to time but teams don't necessarily like playing back to back tournaments on a regular basis. 

For drama purposes, did any of ya'll play that Wolverine team? poor attitude, sportsmanship, and classless group of coaches and parents.

Not sure how many teams they have, but your right, I didn't see them either.  Not sure what the deal is.  You seem to be in the know about all that so you tell me what is up.  I have heard all kinds of rumors, but so as not to cause drama I will let others comment on that.

Lol. I seem to be in the know huh? What know is that? I coach a 14u team that plays out of town tournaments, usssa and nations. I only "know" what my team does.

guys it is not some big secret. There are 2 different organizations that the teams are affiliated with. It is only normal for the gladiators and piranhas to play nations, since they host those tournaments. Likewise for the vipers, they are affiliated with USSSA baseball and play their tournaments. I know in the past, both have played each others tournaments from time to time but teams don't necessarily like playing back to back tournaments on a regular basis.

For drama purposes, did any of ya'll play that Wolverine team? poor attitude, sportsmanship, and classless group of coaches and parents.

Wanna talk about classless and unsportsmanlike...9U Young Guns (Bridge City?) still stealing bases up 30-1 in the 3rd inning Saturday night. Was watching my nephew's Pirahana team on the field next to them and it made me sick...but our little 8U team knocked them off in the championship lol

Wanna talk about classless and unsportsmanlike...9U Young Guns (Bridge City?) still stealing bases up 30-1 in the 3rd inning Saturday night. Was watching my nephew's Pirahana team on the field next to them and it made me sick...but our little 8U team knocked them off in the championship lol

That's a shame. Is 9u too young to start hitting batters on purpose? Lol

Just the fact the score was 30-1 is enough said.

The statement above made by 1987 exposes the problem if that guy is on that coaching staff.

"only stole second and third" 

Stealing any bases at all after up over 10 runs is uncalled for.

There are ways to keep from scoring 30 and teach your kids a good lesson on the day.

I have seen the scores posted by that team and I am embarrassed for them.

Young Guns lesson of the week:  Kick a man when he is down 

The reason there were not any Piranha teams playing in the recent USSSA tournament is because recently it was decided that the Piranha teams were not allowed to play in the USSSA events held at Ford Park this year. The teams were told “We will NOT be participating in USSSA Ford Park events, due to their decision to build a baseball academy right next to us.  USSSA events (or other organizations) outside of Beaumont are fine.”

But it's all about the kids, right?

Why does it matter which teams play in which tournaments. Is there some sort of requirement to play in a tournament held in Beaumont, just because you're a local team? Should teams have to play every local tournament just because there is a tournament held, no matter how many weekends in a row they have played? Aren't the usssa tournaments free, if so are they taking business away from them by not playing?

I think teams should be able to play in any of the tournaments they wish.  USSSA holds world series in Sulphur, but to qualify you have to play so many tournaments in your home state.  Since the Piranha's are banned from playing local USSSA tournaments, the teams would have to travel to play to be eligible for the world series.  I know this didn't affect all of the teams, but the younger teams it does.  Nation's doesn't host a local world series from what we found, I believe they start at 9U, so the 7U & 8U kids who's team can't travel no longer have a chance to play in the world series. What kid wouldn't love the chance to do that? 

I think teams should be able to play in any of the tournaments they wish.  USSSA holds world series in Sulphur, but to qualify you have to play so many tournaments in your home state.  Since the Piranha's are banned from playing local USSSA tournaments, the teams would have to travel to play to be eligible for the world series.  I know this didn't affect all of the teams, but the younger teams it does.  Nation's doesn't host a local world series from what we found, I believe they start at 9U, so the 7U & 8U kids who's team can't travel no longer have a chance to play in the world series. What kid wouldn't love the chance to do that? 

They are 7 and 8, stick with it a couple of years and they will get their chance to play in a "World Series" you know with kids from this Region.

Back in 2012 when my team was 11, we were scheduled to play Usssa and Nations tournaments. We were scheduled for a usssa tournament, then on a random Wednesday usssa decided to suspend all Gladiator teams from usssa for the season, cause they didn't like the fact that all the teams weren't playing all of the local tournaments. That wasn't right to my 11 kids that were on the team was it? But like you said buddy, it's all about the kids right?