Oregon reloading at QB?

• 2 weeks later...

@AndrewGreif: Breaking: Vernon Adams chooses Oregon and will join Ducks over Eastern Washington http://bit.ly/16KXYLC

@CBSSportsCFB: Eastern Washington QB Vernon Adams transferring to Oregon - http://cbsprt.co/174jnjz http://twitter.com/CBSSportsCFB/status/564846701778063360/photo/1

Good luck PAC-12 

@CBSSportsCFB: New Oregon QB Vernon Adams is no longer allowed to use Eastern Washington facilities http://cbsprt.co/1Dlo4kI http://twitter.com/CBSSportsCFB/status/565911464196972544/photo/1

Lol, funny article, I chuckled. Oregon probably will deliver more of an arse whippin on them now if Adams starts. 

Thats a tuff one. I am sure the coaches recognize that his NFL stock goes way up if he can start at Oregon versus EWU, these guys aren't morons, and I am sure they sgree with the move, but you spend the offseason prepping for the start of the next season so having him around would be a huge huge distraction knowing he may start that game.
I'd do the same as a coach.

Thats a tuff one. I am sure the coaches recognize that his NFL stock goes way up if he can start at Oregon versus EWU, these guys aren't morons, and I am sure they sgree with the move, but you spend the offseason prepping for the start of the next season so having him around would be a huge huge distraction knowing he may start that game.

If they weren't playing each other it wouldn't be that big of a deal. They play game 1, so I agree with the coach not letting him around the program.

Playing at Eastern Washington will not have any impact on his draft status. Plenty of QB's have come from non-BCS schools.

If he can play and meets the eye test, they will find him.

Playing at Eastern Washington will not have any impact on his draft status. Plenty of QB's have come from non-BCS schools.

If he can play and meets the eye test, they will find him.

Eh. WRONG. It may not have any impact on his NFL career, but it will definitely have an impact on his draft status, i.e. His wallet on draft day.
How many FCS or whatever they call it now, QB's have been drafted in the first round in the last twenty years? Answer: 2. A whopping 2 in twenty years. (McNair and Flacco)
Now how many over drafts on QBs from major D1 in twenty years? I'd have to take my shoes off to count 'em. 😜
You are correct that plenty of NFL QBs have come from non-BCS schools, both starters for the Texas teams this year as a matter of fact, but where'd they get drafted. They didn't make big money until later contracts.

Eh. WRONG. It may not have any impact on his NFL career, but it will definitely have an impact on his draft status, i.e. His wallet on draft day.
How many FCS or whatever they call it now, QB's have been drafted in the first round in the last twenty years? Answer: 2. A whopping 2 in twenty years. (McNair and Flacco)
Now how many over drafts on QBs from major D1 in twenty years? I'd have to take my shoes off to count 'em.
You are correct that plenty of NFL QBs have come from non-BCS schools, both starters for the Texas teams this year as a matter of fact, but where'd they get drafted. They didn't make big money until later contracts.

Let's talk career and not signing bonus. He can get paid up front or if he's good, he will get paid on the second contract. As much as I dislike the Cowboys, Romo is a prime example of this theory.

Let's talk career and not signing bonus. He can get paid up front or if he's good, he will get paid on the second contract. As much as I dislike the Cowboys, Romo is a prime example of this theory.

I agree, but if your good enough to get drafted early and get paid early wouldn't you wanna have a chance to do so. If he went off again at EWU this year he mighta been a second rounder, if he goes off at Oregon he might be the first overall and then he gets a big contract followed by an even bigger contract if he prooves himself before he becomes a free agent.

I agree, but if your good enough to get drafted early and get paid early wouldn't you wanna have a chance to do so. If he went off again at EWU this year he mighta been a second rounder, if he goes off at Oregon he might be the first overall and then he gets a big contract followed by an even bigger contract if he prooves himself before he becomes a free agent.

I would just like the opportunity. What I earn is up to me.

I would just like the opportunity. What I earn is up to me.

But you stated:

It will clearly impact his DRAFT status. It shouldn't have much impact on his overall NFL career ten years down the line if he can play. Tony Romo made lots of money, but he missed out on a lot of money his first three years in the league because of his draft status.
The kids making the right move and so are the coaches at EWU. Im sure if Oregon and EWU were not on the schedule he'd be welcomed to workout at EWU while he finishes up that EWU degree.

But you stated:
It will clearly impact his DRAFT status. It shouldn't have much impact on his overall NFL career ten years down the line if he can play. Tony Romo made lots of money, but he missed out on a lot of money his first three years in the league because of his draft status.
The kids making the right move and so are the coaches at EWU. Im sure if Oregon and EWU were not on the schedule he'd be welcomed to workout at EWU while he finishes up that EWU degree.

If Romo had been a first round pick, he would have not been allowed the opportunity to have a bad season and would have never made lots of money.

Draft status to me is getting drafted. The kid will get drafted no matter where he plays.

If Romo had been a first round pick, he would have not been allowed the opportunity to have a bad season and would have never made lots of money

That makes no sense whatsoever. The high draft pick gets a much longer leash than the undrafted or lower drafts because the investment is too big to giveup on too early. The lower picks get yanked quick because theres no front office folks whinning about the money when you bench em.

You ever look at Peytons first season? BAD. But he was invested in $$$. A guy drafted in the fifth round doesn't get that luxury. Jamarcus Russell lingered for three years and he was atrocious, but a top pick.

Oh and Tony Romo has never had a BAD year. His worst year was 2010 and he ended injured. Never thrown more picks than TDs or even very close to it.
Tony sat for two years before he touched the field. Which is standard for a guy drafted later or undrafted as was his case. Had Romo thrown 28 interceptions (ala Manning) that first year as a starter he'd be selling cars right now in Wisconsin.

That makes no sense whatsoever. The high draft pick gets a much longer leash than the undrafted or lower drafts because the investment is too big to giveup on too early. The lower picks get yanked quick because theres no front office folks whinning about the money when you bench em.

You ever look at Peytons first season? BAD. But he was invested in $$$. A guy drafted in the fifth round doesn't get that luxury. Jamarcus Russell lingered for three years and he was atrocious, but a top pick.

No one can disagree about that. Jamarcus got paid and said to hell with football lol