Recruiting commits around the country.

king

Tim Irvin on Miami And Texas.
If I were him, I would choose Texas, because Al Golden is terrible.

Texas

The school that has been trending for Irvin recently in his 247Sports Crystal Ball is Texas, a PROGRAM he visited back in November.

"it was very nice," irvin said. "The coaches and players took me in like I was their son and the city was really nice. The atmosphere and everything was different."

Irvin didn't have a previous relationship with current Texas linebacker commit Cecil Cherry before he took the trip, but the two connected when they took their official visits at Austin for the West Virginia game. While there, Cherry got Irvin's contact information and has stayed in touch with his fellow Florida prospect ever since.

The sales pitch from Cherry? Starting a Florida connection to Texas and winning a national championship together.

As for the Texas coaches, they tried to sell Irvin on contributing early in the nickel position that senior cornerback Quandre Diggs will vacate after the Texas Bowl. At times in Irvin's recruitment, it seemed as if the chance to play on offense could factor into his decision, but he said on Monday that each one of his finalists is recruiting him as a defensive back.

Miami

For Miami, considered the longtime favorite for Irvin, a family connection could help. The famous last name is easy to recognize, as his uncle, Michael Irvin, starred at the U before going on to tremendous success in the NFL. However, the elder Irvin has taken a low-key, low-pressure approach to his nephew's recruitment.

"He really doesn't sell me, he just tells me to pray and to pick the decision that fits me," Irvin said. "So he's never pushed me to a particular school, he's just talked to me about how humbling of an experience it is to have. He just wants me to do whatever my heart tells me."

A bigger factor could be the ability to stay close to home in college. but it won't be the biggest factor.

"It would be an exciting thing to play in front of my family and everything, but at the same time, I just have to do what's best for me."

#WRTS? Who Runs This State? Texas. Coach Strong is beginning to turn things around for the Horns. Can't wait for Daylon Mack to join the party in Austin.

Wheeler is not academically qualified and may never step on campus. They may have to get J'Covan Brown's guy to help him out.