Johnny Sucker Punch

Same pre-draft C**p - Two sides to the same story: (1) JFF is assaulted and defends himself and all A&M fans jump to his defense (my group); and (2) JFF and his bodyguards assault a man and all anti-A&M fans jump on the bandwagon of anti -JFF hysteria.

It states that there is video of this action - but lets all not wait to find out the truth lets just keep to our pre-encounter bias and make statements based on that ONLY  :rolleyes:

And I am sorry some man I do not know comes up to me at 2:30 AM and try's to give me a hug - there will be a fight as well  ;) Does it not bother some of the anti-JFF crowd that he did not state he wanted to shake JFF's hand no he wanted to give him a hug - sounds kinda fishy to me - specially at 2:30 AM.  And by the way Cleveland stated the time was NOT a violation of team policy so not an issue.

Same pre-draft C**p - Two sides to the same story: (1) JFF is assaulted and defends himself and all A&M fans jump to his defense (my group); and (2) JFF and his bodyguards assault a man and all anti-A&M fans jump on the bandwagon of anti -JFF hysteria.

It states that there is video of this action - but lets all not wait to find out the truth lets just keep to our pre-encounter bias and make statements based on that ONLY  :rolleyes:

And I am sorry some man I do not know comes up to me at 2:30 AM and try's to give me a hug - there will be a fight as well  ;) Does it not bother some of the anti-JFF crowd that he did not state he wanted to shake JFF's hand no he wanted to give him a hug - sounds kinda fishy to me - specially at 2:30 AM.  And by the way Cleveland stated the time was NOT a violation of team policy so not an issue.

Agreed 

It states that there is video of this action - but lets all not wait to find out the truth lets just keep to our pre-encounter bias and make statements based on that ONLY :rolleyes:

And I am sorry some man I do not know comes up to me at 2:30 AM and try's to give me a hug - there will be a fight as well ;) Does it not bother some of the anti-JFF crowd that he did not state he wanted to shake JFF's hand no he wanted to give him a hug - sounds kinda fishy to me - specially at 2:30 AM. And by the way Cleveland stated the time was NOT a violation of team policy so not an issue.

This^^^^^^^^^

I have no opinion on this matter. It is what it is.

Old Timer, have you ever wondered why you have to constantly come to someone's defense? I guess some people are always on the "misunderstood" list.

Not only wondered but have given it a lot of though the years - I have come to the conclusion that I have an "under-dog" complex.  

Started rooting against the Cowboys in College (early 80's) when they went from Roger Staubach to Randy White and I cannot count the number of times late in the 3rd and 4th quarter they were behind (and sometimes a lot) and could see either of those QB's stick their head in the huddle and say "boys its time to play" and like wow the offense became unstoppable and the defense like a brick wall - and they won ALL the time.  About that same time the Aggie's - well - kinda suked and Texas was a NCAA power - found it hard to root for the Horns during that time as well.  

Maybe it all comes from the fact that I was as a kid a die hard Saints fan when they could not beat their shadows.

But my main defense of JFF is this - I was very wild trouble maker with numerous run ins with the law and was very immature when I was his age and came out (believe it or not ) better for it.  People who would base their opinion of me from those days would no doubt describe me as a delinquent.  Now I am an senior executive for a large Bank - so I know that people can grow up and change and I also know that sometimes when people get a reputation it is hard to shake and seems to always attract the wrong type of people even if the person may be trying to change - hope the JFF does it soon because I do believe that given a decent chance he can perform in he NFL.

Not only wondered but have given it a lot of though the years - I have come to the conclusion that I have an "under-dog" complex.

Started rooting against the Cowboys in College (early 80's) when they went from Roger Staubach to Randy White and I cannot count the number of times late in the 3rd and 4th quarter they were behind (and sometimes a lot) and could see either of those QB's stick their head in the huddle and say "boys its time to play" and like wow the offense became unstoppable and the defense like a brick wall - and they won ALL the time. About that same time the Aggie's - well - kinda suked and Texas was a NCAA power - found it hard to root for the Horns during that time as well.

Maybe it all comes from the fact that I was as a kid a die hard Saints fan when they could not beat their shadows.

But my main defense of JFF is this - I was very wild trouble maker with numerous run ins with the law and was very immature when I was his age and came out (believe it or not ) better for it. People who would base their opinion of me from those days would no doubt describe me as a delinquent. Now I am an senior executive for a large Bank - so I know that people can grow up and change and I also know that sometimes when people get a reputation it is hard to shake and seems to always attract the wrong type of people even if the person may be trying to change - hope the JFF does it soon because I do believe that given a decent chance he can perform in he NFL.

I don't believe you were a trouble maker for one second!

EVERY professional football player interviewed stated that as a rule, a professional unspoken code, you did not stay out on Friday night before a game.