Bon_Mot

Who wins?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Nederland in regulation
    • Nederland in OT/SO
    • LCM in regulation
    • LCM in OT/SO

Bon_Mot im sure both Bledsoe and Wedel will have their boys ready for this showdown.  I know that the LCM players understand the pressure that Nederland is going to put on every green jersey. 

LHS - I  know that Craig has not let scoring 6 goals against WOS go to his head.  His coach played him twenty minutes of the first half when he scored his first four.  The second half he played the first 5 minutes at forward and then 20 more at center mid. 

I also know that LCM soccer treats every team the same way, and that is with respect.  I heard that LCM scored 6 times in the second half.  All subs were played and 3 goals could have been easily scored as own goals since the WOS goalie caught, dropped, or fell back into his own goal. 

This is going to be one incredible game.  I just hope that both sides are filled with as many fans as possible yelling for their teams.  Every news station needs to have their cameras out there ready to roll tape.  Because both squads are starting hit their mid season stride. 

I can’t wait for Friday night...Good Luck Nederland, Good Luck LCM!!!

You cant judge a team by scores against other teams (like kelly). I say we win it in regulation by two.

yeah some scores might be off because of starting players or refs, but 7-0? i think kelly would dominate against lcm anytime. o and did u know we only had 2 starters in at the end of the game and one noyt in position? the rest was second string

NEWCASTLE?!?!?!?!   :o  The only thing good to come out of Newcastle is coal and beer!   ;D

It seems like this one will be a hard faught, well played, classy match with one or two plays deciding final score.   ;)

we already had this discussion Man U fan!!!  dont rub it in...

without a doubt your opinion is the final thought on this matter for me, well said Bon_Mot

I'd give a kudos to Washburn in the back, he's a great sweeper, now that being said I'd like to see this game on a dry field, I think there'd be a huge difference, so im looking forward to see these two teams play again at the Bears house, hopefully the field's in better shape at the time than Nederland's was yesterday.

I agree. On a dry field the soccer would be better and Nederland would knock the ball around a bit easier and their passing game would make it a better game to watch.  Still the airballs up front to Leger wont be effected much by a dry field  he will be able to turn the ball and cut more on the dogs.  The number 11 for nederland did a great job in keeping Leger in check.  The other two shots of Nederland that hits the bar and the two slip downs in front of the goal by the nederland keeper would have made it a higher scoring match but still none the less.  Nederland wins.  Good entertaining game.

LCM and Nederlands keepers were flopping and sliding around in the mud.  That alone will make for a different game just in the fact that both gave up cheap goals on slipping mistakes.  I do beleive that McKay is the better goalkeeper.  Refs seemed to be weak both ways. Letting the game be played rough.  Hope I get to see the rematch

Bon_Mot was right about one or two plays making a difference.  Yes the field was not in the best shape, yes the refs made or missed some questionable calls but that is soccer...LCMsoccer soccer said it best-Nederland did out play LCM, NO EXCUSES...I bet the rematch is going to be another barn burner.

LCM will make their needed adjustments, so will Nederland.

players, parents, and fans of high school soccer--we need to get more attention to the boys and girls who are playing their butts off for us every Tuesday and Friday night.  How you ask...start calling the TV stations days in advance and ask them why they are not covering these ATHLETES!!!  We, contrary to popular belief, are not a second hand sport.  This is a ten team district (boys).  Lets say that the teams average 18 players, that is 180 ATHLETES that are getting ZERO coverage...that could and should be a ton of pressure on the media in our area!!!

Sharkfutbol,

None of the goals were from slipping mistakes.  LC-M's goal was due to the ball slipping out of the keeper's hands as he hit the ground.  Nederland's first goal was a chip shot over the keeper's head.  Nederland's second goal was due to the LC-M's keeper predicting a cross or shot to the near post.  He ended being out of position and gave up the goal to the near post.  No slips!

I am wrong then.  I should have written that had the keepers had better footing.  Maybe they wouldnt have made the plays they did.  What I thought was a the lcm keeper coming out for a cross and then backtracking and falling back was a slip.  No doubt number 15 shot was a good one and the other chip over the lcm kid was a good one also.  I Just felt both keepers were struggling in the mud.  My bad

Nederland's second goal was due to the LC-M's keeper predicting a cross or shot to the near post.  He ended being out of position and gave up the goal to the near post.  No slips!

actually buddy on nederlands second goal the keeper did slip .... i think i would know i was on the field...but he was expecting a cross and when he saw the shot he planted to run the other way and fell

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Tim Erickson from Orangefield….
    • Lucky for Orangefield there’s only 3 games max to play.    Someone said they had a pitcher or 2 throw 90’s but I don’t know that for a fact.  Rumors.   it appears that Orangefield will see some faster pitchers this round. Generally speaking I haven’t been too impressed with Orangefield opponents pitching. Only pitcher so far that was fast (92 mph) was vs Woodville in first game & Orangefield got several runs off of him.    Looking for a good series with no injuries for both teams. 
    • Apologies if this is a stupid question, but why would they just not renew his contract for the 24/25 school year if he had multiple write-ups? I know teachers and paraprofessionals don't get their contract renewed if their performance is bad enough - are coaches' contract situations different?
    • “We have incredible evidence that it’s gain-of-function research again being done in US laboratories.” “𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐟𝐥𝐮 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐗, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐥𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐥 𝐕𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐗 — 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐜𝐲𝐜𝐥𝐞.”
    • It’s very difficult to fire an educator.  It’s not difficult to reassign them and put them in a situation where they’re likely to leave on their own.  I’m not sure of the legality of exposing an employee’s work records, but it seems likely it’s not allowed if nothing criminal took place.  
  • Topics