super bowl

Bmt Pride

I agree with you playball, we have 22 kids on our flag team, if the 4 teams going to the superbowl collect about $250 each it looks like we would have enough to pay for the facility and refs possibly... I mean for us it would be a little more than $10 per kid. Maybe we should override the stjfl board and don't ourselves, but the vp is from PNG so I'm sure that wouldn't work out too well

I have sent an email to the president and vice president od STJFL this morning asking if there is any way possible to get the 2 flag division superbowl games held at PNG's stadium. I'm not asking to move the cheer competition and pro bowl games from Kountze because that wouldn't be fair to Kountze, I just want the kids in flag to have the experience of a lifetime on a field like PNG for the most important game of their season. I asked if money was the issue with the league, would they allow the flag division to raise the money to pay for the facility and the refs. I explained that if we even just took up a collection for each kid on the 4 teams going to the superbowl it would only be a little over $10 a kid...heck at this point I'm ready to pay the fee out of my own pocket so my stepson has an experience playing on a field like this, if they make it to the superbowl. Looking at the teams in the playoff brackets that have a chance to go to the superbowl, if each team has 20 players and we collect just $3 per kid, that would give us $1080 roughly. I was told at one point that the PNG facility would cost $650 which would leave $430...plenty I would think to cover officials. We can always adjust the amount if we needed more. I am willing to head this up to make it happen if I get a response from the president and VP. Would all of you be interested in making this happen as well?

It all has to do with money and giving each association the chance to raise money. Why would you even entertain Silsbee they are not even part of theSTJFL. Last year pro bowl was in Lumberton, year before that Vidor so Kountze gets it this year . Plus they have the ability to host all the cheerleaders . The Butch is a way better field than PNG but what matters is money, I doubt BISD would give the kind of price the league got on PNG.

Last year the flag division got to play their superbowl at Lamar also...we aren't wanting to change the pro bowl or cheer competition from Kountze, just want the superbowl to be special for these young kids in flag that have worked just as hard as the older kids.

Wow Pattarozzi, seems like you have all the solutions. How about this, instead of getting on here and coming up with plans to " override the board" why don't you join the Stjfl board or your sons local board of directors and then you can fix all the wrongs with Stjfl.

I apologize for the override the board comment, that was meant as a joke and I wouldn't ask anyone to do anything underhanded like that...since this seems to be causing so much trouble then I will stop and we will just play in Kountze...I was actually trying to good for the flag division and actually help out with game times not going so late in the evening...again, my apologies