super bowl

Bmt Pride

Sorry icewater I'm sure it was a board decision and they know best. We elected them to b there. I do agree with you though. If money is an issue, I'm sure that the money could easily b raised.
It is very good for png though I would think.
I'm sure bobcat will enlighten us though
Where has my buddy whisperer been by the way

Yeah Bobcat!!! Can someone, anyone enlighten us on the current situation? Can we get a response to whether or not the BISD stadium is a possibility. Thats all we are asking for! You other posters need to chime in and ask questions. Ya'll chime in on everything else as if you were Socrates or Plato so whats up?

I talked with one of our STJFL board members and here is the issue at hand. There are more flag games this year than in the past and Lamar can't accommodate the number of games on Sunday the 9th. The other issue is there has to be a gym with a cheer mat available at the same location of the games to support the cheer competition as well. I sent a request to Lamar about having the flag games on Sat the 8th but they responded that they already have other events scheduled that day and can't accommodate us. I agree with others here about using the Carol Thomas Center and will contact them, but I don't think they have a facility for the cheer competition. I am originally from Silsbee and know several people on the school board and feel that stadium is pretty nice for this area and have contacted them as well for a back up. Overall, I feel that PNG has a state of the art facility that the kids would love to play at. They have quoted a fee of $650 which I think is an amazing price for that place. I know Kountze has offered their field, but I truly believe a field like PNG's would give each of them a memorable experience. I know last year my stepson was heartbroken when they lost in the playoffs and he found out he wouldn't get to play at Lamar and it's sad that flag doesn't get that opportunity this year but PNG would be just as nice in my opinion. I'm sure the STJFL board members are up for any suggestions, but we need to get something settled fairly quick and after all I have attempted so far, my vote currently goes for the PNG stadium.

I don't think Silsbee is that bad anymore, but I understand...One board member there is all for us using the facilities so far, getting confirmation from the people we need to. Maybe we can give both options if both are available and present it to the board and let them vote on it...10 day forecast looks like good weather that day but this is southeast Texas

dmpattarozzi, Are you looking into moving all divisions or just flag? The current plan, correct me if I'm wrong, is for tackle divisions Superbowl scheduled for PNG HS on Nov. 9th and flag divisions Superbowl at Kountze HS on Nov. 8th. PNG would be a great place for tackle divisions, but I believe flag parents and kids would be much happier playing at Silsbee rather than Kountze for sure, if we can not join the tackle divisions. Maybe Silsbee could be an option at least for the flag games.  STJFL board members and others involved, lets try to make the Superbowl a special experience for our Flag kids also.  

Don't get me wrong I would love to see Flag division at PNG with the other divisions. If that doesn't happen due to # of games, there has to better options out there than Kountze HS.  Is Kountze a done deal or is the board currently looking at other options? Come on Man, lets get Flag moved. Moving from Lamar to Kountze, is a big letdown for our kids.

I don't think Kountze is a done deal...from my understanding Kountze offered theirs because they could use the money they would make from the concessions...nothing against Kountze, but I think we would all like a nicer field for the superbowl. The Carol Thomas center would be nice but we have to also have a facility for the cheer competition taking place on the same day which they don't have. I'm from Silsbee and know some people there and they have a nice stadium and so far are on board with us using their facilities, just waiting on final approval and details. PNG has offered theirs to us at a good price but we wanted to check into all options available. If there are any other fields anyone can think of that would work, we are open to deals. All I would like is for these kids to have a memorable experience.

It all has to do with money and giving each association the chance to raise money. Why would you even entertain Silsbee they are not even part of theSTJFL. Last year pro bowl was in Lumberton, year before that Vidor so Kountze gets it this year . Plus they have the ability to host all the cheerleaders . The Butch is a way better field than PNG but what matters is money, I doubt BISD would give the kind of price the league got on PNG.

Was only considering Silsbee to give the kids a nice field, I didn't know there was such a big deal about the league issue so I spoke with the stjfl president and they don't have insurance for those fields and that's a big reason we don't use the other league fields. From what I gather, the flag superbowl games were going to be at PNG but rather than pay for 3 venues (Lamar, Kountze, PNG) and try to get volunteers, they decided to move the flag games to Kountze. The decision is final, flag will be playing at Kountze and the times are different than what the bracket has on the website. The cheer competition will start in the morning with the games to follow when it is finished... I'm sure they will update the bracket. Just some FYI, the butch Thomas Center charges $3500. I am disappointed with all of this because it may be my stepsons last time to play football and I really think he would love to possibly score a touchdown and see it replayed on the jumbotron at PNG. I was told P G would cost around $650 and with all the raffle tickets SD and sign up fees, I can't believe that the league can't find the money or get donations to pay for officials for 2 games at PNG. I was told that they definitely are not interested I moving the pro bowl games because they move to a different location every year, so why make the flag division play there and miss out on a chance to play on a nice field like PNG... We're only talking about a total of roughly 3 hours for 2 games . it is what it is folks, I'm not happy about it but can't seem to change anyone's mind about it so Kountze it is

How about give the 4 Flag teams that make it to the Superbowl the chance to raise the $650 to have the games at PNG, if it is about the money? Just a suggestion. Might have a few parents ready to put up some dough to get the games moved from Kountze to PNG. Would anybody else out there be interested? I would be to give our kids a better Superbowl experience.