STJFL Board

1212kmg

From our "Classy" STJFL Board Representative:

"Give it a rest already. Theres a few people on your side but most everybody know that the league has to do something to keep scores in check. Did the board do this exactly right? = No. Do they have the kids of the whole league at heart and not just the rights of a few? = Yes. I saw a show on tv the other day and a dung beetle was pushing a turd ball up a hill and everytime he was just about to the top it fell all the way back down and he had to start all over. Now I would of liked to see him get his turd ball to the top of the hill but it was sure funny to watch him keep trying with the same result. Good luck with your turd ball."

Anybody want to vote 'em out now? With this level of intelligence and sophistication, I hope the other teams not yet subject to his fiefdom see the wisdom in not letting someone like this be on a board that may (or may not) accuse you of some ethical wrongdoing. If he has no qualms speaking like this in public, what else will he do in private? Beware.

" STJFL Board members are held to a HIGHER STANDARD" is what the guy from Orangefield stood up and said in front of every coach and other STJFL Board member at the coaches meeting. So my question is what standards are you following?   Give us TRUE facts that support that the  BMT Coach was  wrong and better yet have those facts availble to  show at the next board meeting. If you got nothing to hide and you feel your doing what is best for the entire league SHOW US  THE FACTS TO BACK IT UP... Pretty simple wouldn't you think?

need to give it a break! its real easy to sit on the sidelines and complain! Everyone needs to just be grateful that their kids have a place to play youth football.  NO one is perfect but I sincerely think these people are trying to do the best they can! Everyone has options, you can either get involved by coaching, or running for a board position, or going elsewhere. Nothing or no one is perfect! That being said Thank you STJFL and PNGYFA for give me and my son the opportunity to play youth football!

need to give it a break! its real easy to sit on the sidelines and complain! Everyone needs to just be grateful that their kids have a place to play youth football. NO one is perfect but I sincerely think these people are trying to do the best they can! Everyone has options, you can either get involved by coaching, or running for a board position, or going elsewhere. Nothing or no one is perfect! That being said Thank you STJFL and PNGYFA for give me and my son the opportunity to play youth football!

Yessir ndndad! there are plenty of kids that can't play organized sports for one reason or an other, that would give anything to put on pads and a uniform and battle next to their buddies for a hometown team! Family and friends cheering, I believe kids shouldn't have anything taken away for "so called mistakes" made by coaching decisions or things kids don't Control... After all they're just playing thier lil hearts out because they love the game!

If only everyone could be so positive and respectful on the board. We could all live in peace and harmony and quash the need for Go Pro cameras and video "clips."

The use of the GoPro is to document the conduct of coaches that Are F'bombing 5/6 year old kids and refs.

Today, we a very vocal parent/Fan on the sideline. As soon as this parent saw the GoPro as I appoarched them , the situation was immediate defused.

These adults that conduct themselves in an unsportsmanlike manners have very short memories and 1,000 reasons to justify this conduct.

I'm very hesitant to answer any questions on this board because those who are against the ones that spend 1,00 of hours away from their families and constantly are being bombarded with personnel attacks while having every word possible twisted to justify thier conduct.

But your right, it's a shame that I have to take these step to insure that any situation is handled correctly And that STJFL survives as a league.

So why would anyone be against all STJFL Rep wearing a GoPro to eliminate these adults that ruin such an event for children.
#proudGoProuser

need to give it a break! its real easy to sit on the sidelines and complain! Everyone needs to just be grateful that their kids have a place to play youth football. NO one is perfect but I sincerely think these people are trying to do the best they can! Everyone has options, you can either get involved by coaching, or running for a board position, or going elsewhere. Nothing or no one is perfect! That being said Thank you STJFL and PNGYFA for give me and my son the opportunity to play youth football!

Please, please tell me why you think "these people are trying to do the best they can?"

I would love to get involved on the board. But the fiefdom would just vote me out the minute I for disagreed with their treatment of others. They've already done it to the Beaumont rep. No one holds them accountable and they will just do it again. In addition to the bmt rep, two other members of this years board have quit as a direct result of the current leadership's behavior.

Think about how awful it would be to be accused of something you did not do. Now, think about how awful it would be to know you are not guilty, have the evidence to prove it, and yet you have no recourse. Not once have you had the chance to defend yourself. Now go explain that to your son and his teammates!

It's all fun and games until it happens to you....Will you give it a break then? Will you be so quick to thank them?

The use of the GoPro is to document the conduct of coaches that Are F'bombing 5/6 year old kids and refs.

Today, we a very vocal parent/Fan on the sideline. As soon as this parent saw the GoPro as I appoarched them , the situation was immediate defused.

These adults that conduct themselves in an unsportsmanlike manners have very short memories and 1,000 reasons to justify this conduct.

I'm very hesitant to answer any questions on this board because those who are against the ones that spend 1,00 of hours away from their families and constantly are being bombarded with personnel attacks while having every word possible twisted to justify thier conduct.

But your right, it's a shame that I have to take these step to insure that any situation is handled correctly And that STJFL survives as a league.

So why would anyone be against all STJFL Rep wearing a GoPro to eliminate these adults that ruin such an event for children.
#proudGoProuser

Funny, you seemed to be referring to more than coaches behavior in the comments under the picture... It's also strange that you referred to a "skull and bones" meeting. What's really weird about this comment is the fact that it took place during the 4th quarter of the BMT vs lum w game. You know the game you talked about in your secret ethics meeting.... The same game you watched a bunch of clips about and decided to kick the coach out for two years without even having the decency to let him defend himself or show him the evidence you used to suspend him.

Please, please explain to me why the four of you get to be judge and jury? And please tell me when and where the next board meeting is?

And you think you're the only one spending 1,00 (whatever that means) hours away from your family?

Maybe it's time to let someone else take a turn policing the rule breakers....

Oh. And I apologize to thetragichippy if I was less than clear. Everything I write is based in fact. Can't speak for those that are so misguided on the Board.

Ditto Tragichippy. I don't start or repeat rumors. Everything I have ever said can easily be verified. Most of it is on this forum or the STJFL board members Facebook pages. People should really be more careful what they post on social media....

Well said Ndndad! What's that old saying, when you point the finger at someone else there is always 3 pointing back at you. I also thank STJFL for giving my son and his team a place to play.

Just make sure don't make them mad with all that finger pointing..... You might point the wrong finger. Fear the GoPro! Big brother is alive and well..... Bobcat101 - making the STJFL a better, less angry place....

" STJFL Board members are held to a HIGHER STANDARD"....

Question:

Let's say you have 7 seconds left in the game. Your team is up by 14 points and you have the ball. What is the proper ethical and sportsman like thing to do? Run the ball in for a touchdown or kneel the ball?

Will post on another thread also.....

Clearly the "spirit of the rule" of sportsmanship (intentionally "running up the score") is how Nederland broke the so called "rule". So how would that scenario be different? Only because the point differential was less than 40?

"Running up the score" ("on the kids being beat by a superior team") is running up the score; no matter what the point differential is. At 7 seconds left in the game and up by 14.....kneel the ball, game over, and shake hands. As someone stated.... " STJFL Board members are held to a HIGHER STANDARD". So a STJFL Board member should have ended the game. Points earned didn't matter in this game for playoff seeding. No reason to score again at 7 seconds left in the game.

Mercy rule not broken......the "spirit of the ethics rule" was.

"The use of the GoPro is to document the conduct of coaches that Are F'bombing 5/6 year old kids and refs. Today, we a very vocal parent/Fan on the sideline. As soon as this parent saw the GoPro as I appoarched them , the situation was immediate defused. These adults that conduct themselves in an unsportsmanlike manners have very short memories and 1,000 reasons to justify this conduct. I'm very hesitant to answer any questions on this board because those who are against the ones that spend 1,00 of hours away from their families and constantly are being bombarded with personnel attacks while having every word possible twisted to justify thier conduct. But your right, it's a shame that I have to take these step to insure that any situation is handled correctly And that STJFL survives as a league. So why would anyone be against all STJFL Rep wearing a GoPro to eliminate these adults that ruin such an event for children."

Several problems with this reasoning Bobcat. From what you say, you apparently on the STJFL Board. What is your position title -- Security Foreman? Last I checked, I don't recall any such position being created by
The Board Bylaws. Typically, you leave the control of unruly behavior to the police or hired security. More importantly, no where does it say that any Board member can use video of any kind to document alleged violations by coaches or parents. You are acting without any authority whatsoever. If you put that camera in my face, I would call the police and ask that you be detained for harassment. You are not the media and you again have NO AUTHORITY to be doing what you are doing. Most importantly did any of these coach volunteers agree to the use of this sort of documentation against them when they signed up to volunteer? No -- they did not because they have had no notice that such evidence would be used against them because it is not in your Bylaws. As I have said before, you four are making up the rules as you go. You cannot punish people for things that they do not know are violations. If the coaches take steps to move players around in order to not run up the score -- they have followed the spirit of the Mercy Rule and that is all that is required by the STJFL bylaws. If you don't want personal attacks, then don't act with such arrogance and retribution -- you are getting what you asked for. Be reasonable, even-handed and fair-minded in what you do and the majority will follow and respect you.

Again, no dog in the fight but I believe you are wrong.

1. Anyone in public can have their picture taken or be recorded......if you think not, then what about the coaches and parents that record the game?  Should the bystanders or football players file harassment charges? I was filmed on the field years ago, can I file charges?  Answer = no.

2. While there may be no rules on how to document a complaint, is there a rule that says you can't video? Answer = no

3. Lastly, once you step on to a STJFL supported event, you go by their rules......they require you pay, you pay. They ask you to leave, you leave.

I understand you guys feel the STJFL is bad, but most disagree with that and no matter how much you talk on this forum, it won't change a thing......as a matter of fact, the more you talk and the less the board talks, helps the board, not you.

Please keep your reply respectful and follow the rules ;)

Hippy,

I agree with you but I also believe the Board should follow the rules as well. One cannot pick and choose when to enforce or not enforce rules. If one person is held accountable, all should be.

I am not saying this board is bad. I do however question some of their decisions and how those decisions came about. The Bylaws should me spelled out more clearly. The "Ethics Committee Rules" should be posted and spelled out more clearly.