Vidor @ ozen

Why is the ozen coaching staff benching their qb? He gives us the best chance to win. Don't understand this staff at all.

I thought sitting him down a series or two would help him learn how to protect the ball and become more of a team player. Maybe sitting the remainder of the game will help him comform, who knows? He is talented but talent alone won't get it done, just have to learn his craft a bit more. JMO

I could see that, but I was told he was not starting this week. Don't understand why all of a sudden trying to prove a point.. I guess that's why I am in the bleachers..

Now I believe Boyd adds certain things at QB but maybe the coaches need something else. Brown is capable of leading though, good kid & player. I wish them both well.

Need to hire a guy from another area that'll bring a spread offense....I said Ozen was going to be in trouble running this offense when they first hired Suggs. Honestly I doubt he'll be at Ozen for more than two years, and I'm honestly starting to wonder if Ozen's football program can be resurrected.

after going thru 3 coaches in one year you would figured y'all would of found one y'all liked.

Do anyone know what happen to Ozen player carried off the field during the Nederland game. And I have something to say about the Ozen team. I nevered liked the fact of a team sitting on the bench. I can understand a few but almost the whole team. I feel that is not being into the game, whether supporting your own teammates, or just using what you see to get motivated. It looked as if they just threw in the towel, and the coaches let them. This is just my thoughts but never give up on yourself or teammates.

Do anyone know what happen to Ozen player carried off the field during the Nederland game. And I have something to say about the Ozen team. I nevered liked the fact of a team sitting on the bench. I can understand a few but almost the whole team. I feel that is not being into the game, whether supporting your own teammates, or just using what you see to get motivated. It looked as if they just threw in the towel, and the coaches let them. This is just my thoughts but never give up on yourself or teammates.

Personally, I think the coaches are too relaxed and laid back. There is no fire & excitement on the sidelines. They are missing having a coach with a firey pumped up, take no prisoners attitude. Football is not played in the library and it is an aggressive game played with intensity and emotion but I don't think we have that. Coaches have to keep players motivated!

Maybe if we had 19 coaches like Central it would make his job easier...Suggs isnt the problem its the lack of coaches in the program. When the AD wont allow you to bring in who you want well this what you get. Want to complain knock on Rodney Saveat door not Coach Suggs.Just think they've been thru 3 coaches kids already dont want to play for a losing program which is why the numbers are down. Im all for discipline but their in a delicate place. We have so many adults telling kids that the coach cant coach which is clearly a sign of disrespect. A huge problem for our youth today. I respect guys like Cam and Ridge because i know my son is safe around them. Want to change a system get inovlved otherwise stay in the background and continue to complain.

And like JRidge said fundamentals arent being worked on but that doesn't start in high school it starts in middle school and its continued thru high school. And install your system so they already know your play book and it's not a lasp when they get to h.s...nederland..vidor...png...central...silsbee...and numerous other schools do it except Ozen. Thats why we are so far behind. Maybe things will change maybe they wont..

BlkMamba...It is difficult to do those types of things when there have been 3 different systems ran at Ozen in the last 3 years.   Are BISD's middle school coaches teaching fundamentals and feeding their high schools with the same system that the high school's are running?   That's the big question.  If the middle school coaches are running their feeder school's system, a kid is allowed to enroll in any high school so all of the system teaching is null and void. 

BlkMamba...It is difficult to do those types of things when there have been 3 different systems ran at Ozen in the last 3 years. Are BISD's middle school coaches teaching fundamentals and feeding their high schools with the same system that the high school's are running? That's the big question. If the middle school coaches are running their feeder school's system, a kid is allowed to enroll in any high school so all of the system teaching is null and void.

I hear what you are saying but Central cosch isnt worried about that and Smith and King run his system...that cant be an excuse...Pa Memorial has kids that go to Nederland and PNG and they still run a system. Also our middle school coaches need training to many of them are just out there getting a check imo...Coaching clinics extensive training the whole 9.

If we stop the sophomore mistakes, Vidor 31 Ozen 21. If we turn the ball over of our own accord like we did 4 times against Lee, reverse those scores. Averaging 5 turnovers a game ain't good guys. I love my kiddies but this year reminds me sooooo much of 2010. Then, a Quirante took over at QB the next year......

If we stop the sophomore mistakes, Vidor 31 Ozen 21. If we turn the ball over of our own accord like we did 4 times against Lee, reverse those scores. Averaging 5 turnovers a game ain't good guys. I love my kiddies but this year reminds me sooooo much of 2010. Then, a Quirante took over at QB the next year......

Sounds like these two Teams would be in a much better position if they could get out of their own way :lol:  :lol:

Maybe if we had 19 coaches like Central it would make his job easier...Suggs isnt the problem its the lack of coaches in the program. When the AD wont allow you to bring in who you want well this what you get. Want to complain knock on Rodney Saveat door not Coach Suggs.Just think they've been thru 3 coaches kids already dont want to play for a losing program which is why the numbers are down. Im all for discipline but their in a delicate place. We have so many adults telling kids that the coach cant coach which is clearly a sign of disrespect. A huge problem for our youth today. I respect guys like Cam and Ridge because i know my son is safe around them. Want to change a system get inovlved otherwise stay in the background and continue to complain.

Yep I do think Suggs is a good coach even though he made some poor decisions agaisnt Nederland, no coach is perfect. He doesn't specialize on offense and not having a true OC is tough but he will get the job done I believe.

Personally, I think the coaches are too relaxed and laid back. There is no fire & excitement on the sidelines. They are missing having a coach with a firey pumped up, take no prisoners attitude. Football is not played in the library and it is an aggressive game played with intensity and emotion but I don't think we have that. Coaches have to keep players motivated!

Personally I would prefer a sound Xs and Os coach to Hype man. An empty wagon makes a lot of noise! Ozen has been set up to fail. Not enough coaches or players. Then you have parents washing Suggs vehicles and cutting his lawn to get their kids playing time. Smh... I have family there and wish those Panthers the best! Cam tell Rodney to keep grinding, everyone knows he's their best RB. For once I agree with Ozenfinest, AD Saveat needs to be fired ASAP. His horrible decision making is part of the problem.

Personally I would prefer a sound Xs and Os coach to Hype man. An empty wagon makes a lot of noise! Ozen has been set up to fail. Not enough coaches or players. Then you have parents washing Suggs vehicles and cutting his lawn to get their kids playing time. Smh... I have family there and wish those Panthers the best! Cam tell Rodney to keep grinding, everyone knows he's their best RB. For once I agree with Ozenfinest, AD Saveat needs to be fired ASAP. His horrible decision making is part of the problem.

Thanks Yeoj, he made us so proud. Rodney will Graduate with Honors. That means more to him than any athletic accomplishment. I'm so grateful God has allowed us to be a part of his maturity. Sports pales in comparison to his Excellence in Education. Through it All, Ozen is producing very productive students; Others Beaumont Schools also

Thanks Yeoj, he made us so proud. Rodney will Graduate with Honors. That means more to him than any athletic accomplishment. I'm so grateful God has allowed us to be a part of his maturity. Sports pales in comparison to his Excellence in Education. Through it All, Ozen is producing very productive students; Others Beaumont Schools also

Great post . That is what really counts .