SEC Championship

TXHORN_ET

Auburn still has to play A&M, Georgia, SC, and Bama. They will decide who plays for the SEC title.

I just don't see it in Bama this year. They aren't the 3rd beat team in the country IMO.

As much as I hate to admit this, I think you're right.

On the upside, our offense seems to finally be getting some kinks worked out, but we can't do it all on the backs of Amari Cooper and TJ Yeldon. Jones isn't playing his normal caliber of football right now, and we aren't making effective use of the rest of our RBs. We have got to start spreading the ball around with some success, or SEC defenses will key in on our two best skills players and we will run into trouble moving the football.

On the downside, our defense is not where it needs to be. Our secondary is starting to scare me. Nobody in the secondary wants to keep their eyes on the football, just the player. They aren't trying to break up the pass, just bring the receivers down after they've caught the ball. We lack intensity and focus, and that's the last thing I ever thought I'd say about a defense coached by Nick Saban and Kirby Smart.

I'm confident we'll beat Florida, Mississippi State and Arkansas. I think we'll beat Ole Miss. LSU is a toss-up and I don't know how we're going to beat Auburn and Texas A&M if we keep playing like this. A&M will hand us a blowout in our own house if we don't make some major changes.

On the topic of the thread, I think A&M stands the best chance of winning the west. Alternates would be Auburn and LSU, but I really think it will be A&M. The east is pretty much a race between Georgia, South Carolina and possibly Florida. Georgia stands a better chance of beating Auburn and Florida both than South Carolina does, so I think the Bulldogs will take it. A&M would win that game, and represent the SEC in the playoffs. In that scenario, there's an outside chance of LSU going as well if their only loss is to A&M.

If it's just A&M, A&M wins it all. If it's A&M and LSU, we get another SEC rematch and it's a toss-up. And no, I don't care about how good Oregon is. Neither will the Aggies or the Tigers.

I can't pick Bama to win it because Lame Kiffin is the OC.
Saying that, there is no SEC West team that stands above them at this point. Auburn won't get all the lucky breaks this year, and I'm not sold on the A&M defense. LSU hasn't been tested yet either. The SEC East is wide open too. Right now, Arkansas is looking good but lets see what they do against a non-cupcake. I guess the Aggies vs the Cocks is as good a pick as any!

Auburn has the toughest schedule in the West. But Auburn is also the best team in the West. And everyone seems to be overlooking Missouri again. Missouri should split with SC and uga, playing SC on the road and getting uga at home. The Missouri game at A&M will determine who gets to Atlanta out of the East.

Auburn vs Missouri again.

Yes I know it's still early in the season, but could we possibly be looking at a rematch between the Aggies and South Carolina?

Would love to see at least 1/2 of this come to pass (A&M) but this needs to be put into the Way To Early category.   While I like what I see so far from the Aggie's they still have a very tough schedule left to play this year and the defense while greatly improved still shows signs of some weaknesses.  I think that A&M is going to surpass everyone's preseason expectations but let's hold the Were No. 1 in the SEC chatter till they earn it.

Would love to see at least 1/2 of this come to pass (A&M) but this needs to be put into the Way To Early category. While I like what I see so far from the Aggie's they still have a very tough schedule left to play this year and the defense while greatly improved still shows signs of some weaknesses. I think that A&M is going to surpass everyone's preseason expectations but let's hold the Were No. 1 in the SEC chatter till they earn it.

I agree it's way too early but from what I've seen, A&M and Auburn are the best two teams in that division. Auburn's schedule is brutal and A&M has already beaten (and quite handily at that) one of their big tests (So Car). What is scary is wasn't this supposed to be a rebuilding year for the Ags?

Rice had the ball 43+ min against A&M and that didn't help. Running QB's scare me more than Arkansas's one dimensional attack.

I'm still not sold on Arkansas. Tech hung with them for a while and they look to be one of the worst teams in the conference this year. If the Hogs make the A&M game competitive, I will give them their due. But I think the Ags look to be a 3 td or so fav against them.

Rice had the ball 43+ min against A&M and that didn't help. Running QB's scare me more than Arkansas's one dimensional attack.

True dis. A&M certainly got more out of their possessions than Rice. But the defense is still soft. Rice gained 481 totals yards, including 241 on the ground. And as bad as SC looked they had 433 yards.

True dis. A&M certainly got more out of their possessions than Rice. But the defense is still soft. Rice gained 481 totals yards, including 241 on the ground. And as bad as SC looked they had 433 yards.

When the field got small, the o-line for Rice was not able to line up and block anyone. That 6'8" kid for Rice that the SEC announcers were drooling over was awful. If he was as good as they tried to make him sound, he would not be at Rice.