Bare Cupboard?

PhatMack19

It's all Mack's Fault! Strong has no talent is all we keep hearing.

These were the starters for the BYU game along with their star ranking.

Offense

Jaxon Shipley 4
Marcus Johnson 3
Geoff swaim 3
Kent Perkins 4
Taylor Doyle 3
Jake Raulerson 4
Sedrick Flowers 4
Marcus Hutchins 3
John Harris 4
Tyrone Swoopes 4
Malcolm Brown RB 5
Jonathan Gray 5
Alex de la torre 3

Defense

Cedric Reed 4
M Brown 5
Desmond Jackson 4
T Davis 4
Peter Jinkens 4
Steve Edmond 4
Dalton Santos 4
Jordan Hicks 5
Quandre Diggs 4
M Thompson 4
Adrian Colbert 3
Orlando Thomas 4

4 five-stars
15 four-stars
6 three-stars

I guess Chucky needs more 2 & 3 stars that work hard?

You need to check your math! You don't have 85 players! Proving our point exactly when given enough leash. You do understand a leash.

What does that mean? You need to spend you time making your team better!

Running others down only makes you look worse, not better. This counts as session three.

Guest ECBucFan

Want to see someone win with a lack of 4 & 5 star talent? Look at the job Art Briles has done with BAYLOR. A few years ago Baylors talent was not much above the FCS level, now, they dominate the Big 12.

The Bears have been winning more than just a year. Briles won as soon as he arrived in 2010.

Regardless, I used the term "now" in my post. Baylor is the reigning Big 12 Champion.

Briles started at Baylor in 2008. This is his conference record since he has been there. He's had one good season which Baylor finished ranked 13th in the country.

2008: 2-6
2009: 1-7
2010: 4-4
2011: 6-3
2012: 4-5
2013: 8-1

Guest ECBucFan

Briles:

2011  10-3   won bowl game

2012   8-5    won bowl game

2013  11-2   made it to BCS bowl

2014  2-0     (so far)

More that just "one good season" for Briles & the Baylor Bears.

Briles started at Baylor in 2008. This is his conference record since he has been there. He's had one good season which Baylor finished ranked 13th in the country.

2008: 2-6
2009: 1-7
2010: 4-4
2011: 6-3
2012: 4-5
2013: 8-1

Looks a lot like Sumlin at UTAM.  Both with a Heisman winner. (Minus Baylor's conference championship.) 

Is Briles making $5M?

Briles:

2011 10-3 won bowl game
2012 8-5 won bowl game
2013 11-2 made it to BCS bowl
2014 2-0 (so far)

You keep leaving out years that Briles has been there. He started coaching at Baylor in 2008 not 2010 or 2011.

I was responding to your comment that Briles has dominated the Big 12, which isn't really true. He dominated the Big 12 last year except for that 32 point loss to Okie Lt in Stillwater.

Briles:

2011  10-3   won bowl game

2012   8-5    won bowl game

2013  11-2   made it to BCS bowl

2014  2-0     (so far)

When did they win the conference?

Last year? right

You want to talk about Baylor, start your own thread, It's easy!

Guest ECBucFan

You keep leaving out years that Briles has been there. He started coaching at Baylor in 2008 not 2010 or 2011.

I googled "Art Briles" to get his record because I did not know it off hand. The site I clicked on erroneously said "2010".  I did not double check with another site to confirm it (never do). Now I know. The site was indeed wrong but since I did post it you can blame me. I officially retract "2010" and apologize. It WAS 2008.

With that said, (if you want to get technical), again I did say "now" in my original post. So, yes, Baylor "now" dominates the 12. What is remarkable to me is that Briles took Baylor from being a joke up to a #3 BCS ranking in a few short years, WITHOUT the amount of top talent thats at UT or TAMU.    

Real conference? So the ags sucked in a fake conference? Says more about the SEC than the Big XII.

Don't worry, Sumlin will catch up in the loss column soon enough.

Mizzou showed us all we need to do about the mighty Sec. I didn't even know they had a football team in the big 12. Two years in, they are in the conference championship game. Maybe Gary Pinkel is a great coach too. Just needed a conference that can't score with him..

Mizzou showed us all we need to do about the mighty Sec. I didn't even know they had a football team in the big 12. Two years in, they are in the conference championship game. Maybe Gary Pinkel is a great coach too. Just needed a conference that can't score with him..

Mizzou won Big 12 North titles in 2007, 2008, and 2010 which is 2 more division titles than Texas has in that same time span. I hate when facts get in the way of a good story.

Mizzou won Big 12 North titles in 2007, 2008, and 2010 which is 2 more division titles than Texas has in that same time span. I hate when facts get in the way of a good story.

Big 12 North titles 😂😂😂

Which of those years was Texas in the big 12 north??? Oh, and what happened in '09? Get back to me while I watch the national championship game. I would suggest you do the same but i don't think they had tvs in '39.

I hate when dumb rebuttals get in the way of my awesome posts....

I love how any story involving division titles, conference championships, or national championships does not include any mention of UTAM.

Aggies- We put the ass in asterisk.

As a UT fan, I am disappointed that they haven't been as good as I thought they were going to be and as good as they should have been in the past few years. If anything in college football is true, it is that college football is a very cyclical sport. UT will bounce back(who knows when, maybe next year, maybe in 3+ years). To blame Mack Brown or Charlie Strong is crazy to me, Mack gave us as UT fans 16 great years of running a great program and winning a lot of football games. Charlie Strong will do well based on what he did as a DC plus what he did at Louisville. Louisville is a good team this year and the team was built by Strong. I remember the days when Mackovic was pacing the sidelines on the forty acres and those were tough times. They just have to weather the storm and trust in who they hired to do the job. To say the Big XII is a trash conference is crazy personally, but to each their own. I partially understand the high and mighty aTm attitude because they have put a good football team together, but if any school should know how to weather tough times and trust that the decision makers will put together the right pieces to succeed, I would think aTm would be high up on that list. Enjoy while it lasts but remember, nothing lasts forever.