Vidor vs Channelview....I'll start it!

robanadana

We put ourselves in bad spots in the 2nd half last week.... delay of game on 4th down.... on the next play hiked ball over head... gave ball to Jasper inside our 20... we did hold them from scoring... but then our drive stalls at 40 and on 4th down we do the scrum kick... its open to get the 1st down... and we punt the ball away... poor young man after he punted it fell straight to the ground because he realized his mistake... its young mental mistakes like this that we have to overcome to become better... we will get better... we did better this week in the first half... just looked a little rattled coming out of the 2nd half... we were up 21-20 and had the ball starting the half... if we could of put a drive together and scored i think the confidence would of made it a whole different game.... but as it was we just couldn't get it together... jasper scored and we fell apart.... taking nothing away from Jasper... they made the adjustments and executed their plan... we will get better... i see this week as a very tough game for us... when you can put scores up such as Dayton, 62-35 and South Houston, 56-7 you are have an offense that can strike fast and from anywhere on the field... I hope my young Pirates can hold their own.... but I do see this as a hard game for us....