Selection Committe

PhatMack19

They hard time finding qualified individuals after I said "NO".  You and Ropeher interested, I'll make a call.

Conflict of interest.

The only problem is that most people of "influence" have some tie to a university. That's why the decisions need to be made on the field. Win your conference, make the playoff. That's pretty simple.

Exactly right. Would you expect anyone on the committee who isn't college educated? Everyone will have some tie to some school. Problem is, there are 5 major conferences now. Someone will be left out regardless.

Then you have the two indies. Notre dame goes undefeated, they will be in. Always. Byu will likely go undefeated this year and be left out. (That cupcake they beat Saturday is actually probably one of their toughest opponents. I know, hard to believe, but look at their ridiculous schedule.)

In the end, GCMPats has been correct in his contention. The 4 that make it will be conference champions. The big 10 will be left out. Whoever wins the acc, big 12, PAC 12 and sec will all be in. It won't always work out that way but they will make sure it does this year. (Barring one of those conferences having a 2 loss champion.)