HJ @ Jasper

BigTuna

Lets not forget, Silsbee was 1 point away from 3rd place last year because of HJ when you all said we would loose by 50..... Reality is HJ does have talent, does have skill, and does have speed and strength.... We have just had complacency in the program for  the 12 years prior to last year... I hope HJ blows the doors off Jasper, but the reality is Jasper is legit. My honest opinion is Jasper will be as hard to beat as WOS. But, it can be done and I believe HJ is the team that can beat both.. I think it will come down to who has the ball last. We will grind it out and move the ball with ease. Hopefully wear down the Bulldogs and put some distance between us and them in the 4th. Their QB is quick and they have a receiver that has some skills. We should get pressure to the qb but those quick passes are what worries me. My honest opinion, HJ 35 Jasper 28...

What happened to that 20+ point HJ win over Jasper you stated just a few posts ago? ;) :rolleyes:

"You all"? I guess 2-3 posters encompasses "you all".

Personally, I had Silsbee winning by 17 last year, not 50. I was wrong.

Guest Farmer Fran

I predicted a half a hundred last season. I was wrong!! lol

Honestly I do not think Jasper is as strong as Dave Campbell has them. I think Jasper takes this one in a very close one, only because they are playing in the boneyard.

Good Luck Hawks!

AAW, c'mon now...... Ever think that I might have been trying to ruffle some feathers? I threw something out there and nobody bit on it so I gave my honest opinion....( And I have seen film since I posted that... :P) Calm yourself down there pops!!! Don't make me go stalk you on facebook and post some pics ... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

AAW, c'mon now...... Ever think that I might have been trying to ruffle some feathers? I threw something out there and nobody bit on it so I gave my honest opinion....( And I have seen film since I posted that... :P) Calm yourself down there pops!!! Don't make me go stalk you on facebook and post some pics ... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

You had that coming to you and you know it. ;) :D

HJ could play in the state game in Arlington and people would still say they are unathletic and their schedule was soft.  With that said, see everyone in Jasper Friday night!!  Maybe they can muster up enough athleticism to play with the Bulldogs!!!!  GO HAWKS!!!!

The Slot-T is designed to make up for lack of athletism. A true athletic team will not install that system. Just saying it doesnt take alot of talent to win with it

Really..... From what I understand, its a very technical offense that the kids have to "buy" into in order for it to work... Not everyone runs it because it is difficult to learn... And that statement makes no sense.... Why would a coach not play to his strength? If you have all speed and no size (WOS) why not run the spread? You make no sense. What school are you from? Probably one that is "Academically Acceptable".... Go back to the Pee Wee forum.....

HJ is athletic enough, just watch their defense.

I think this offense is tailor made for the Hawks. Fits them to a "T". bedelmon is right, this offense is not easy to learn and is very technical, particularly in the O-line and RB blocking schemes.

As the season progressed last year, you could see the Hawk players "buying" into the system. What you will see this year is that they have "bought" into the system. ;)

This offense play's to HJ's strength and will exploit several defenses. A defense has to be disciplined to be successful in stopping this offense. IMO, a defense has to have a few willing "sacrificial lambs", meaning players willing to plug holes instead of making tackles and allow others to have the glory of making the defensive play.

So its HJ's fault the UIL decided to take 4 teams to the playoffs?? Good one. It just kills people that maybe, just maybe, HJ has a good football team. GO HAWKS!!!

If you are looking for the blame game you will not find it here! you sound like your kin to Bedelmon. I mean come on dude 4 teams out of an 8 team district last year goes to the playoffs? LMAO!!! And this year the Hawks could damn near finish last and still make playoffs. Does that make you feel better!!

Really..... From what I understand, its a very technical offense that the kids have to "buy" into in order for it to work... Nobody runs it because it is difficult to learn... And that statement makes no sense.... Why would a coach not play to his strength? If you have all speed and no size (WOS) why not run the spread? You make no sense. What school are you from? Probably one that is "Academically Acceptable".... Go back to the Pee Wee forum.....

Nobody runs it ? What ? Youre a newby to this  arent you ?