Top Tennis Teams??

Guest Wildcat 08

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

The best overall team would have to be Warren. They have the most dominant doubles team in the area(Carnley and Word won 3 tournaments) and not to mention the other players on the team respectively bring home some hardware. If they played team tennis in this area, it could get ugly.

Guest sportsfan-89

I would agree, Warren is the best overall tennis team in the area. Nederland is pretty solid too but Warren has showed that they are better by beating them consistently. Also, Word and Carnley has proven that they are the best doubles team in the area by already winning three tournaments.

Warren is farby the best team in the area. Word and Carnley have dominated the game through southeast texas. they also have a decent singles player, Tyler Word's little brother Casey Word. He is pretty decent but he has lost the last 2 tourneys because he had to play Deaverse first round.

I would say Warren, but they only have 3 good guy players. That is why i can't say Hardin-Jefferson either. Both of this teams have a good lineup, but they dont have a full good lineup. But on the other hand who else is there? So if these two teams played, Minick would win the singles and Warrens doubles team would win. So I would say its a mix between the two teams.

the warren boys are very good, but they are beatable. They lost to Kelly in the nederland tournament. And that is another school with a well rounded tennis team......Kelly.

Yeah they lost because Tyler had sprained ankle and Scott had an infected toenail..... Now that they are healthy these two are Gods among men....... Spartans...... Whoooooo.......HAAAAAAAAWWWW

Warren sent a busload to the regional tournament last year with Word and B Sims advancing to the the state meet.Word and Carnley are better as a team at this point this year.McBee and P Sims qualified for the regional tourney last year and won a couple of rounds before being eliminated.These 2 are very good athletes that haven't been playing tennis long.They could compete for the other regional berth.Jacobsen and Mitchell and Granger along with Casey Word will make this a pretty solid team.

Guest sportsfan_89

Once they play some tournaments together they should be pretty solid. The mixed doubles team from Warren is not as good as they say they are on here. I've seen them play and they play like 8 year old girls. The girl is crazy and the boy looks like he is scared he is going to hurt the ball.

The best singles player is defiently Mathew Deavers.  Others would have to be Matt Minick and Kenton Boone from Kelly.  Kenton doesn't get the recognition he should get.  I played him our freshman year and went to Elite Academy in Beaumont, where I saw him just dominating everybody else.  As for those three, I see no one else in singles.  As for the doubles, I think Carnley and Word are by fare the best team, but they still can be beat as you have already seen.  Nederland has two good doubles teams who will give you a run for your money.  I really don't know about any of the other doubles teams around here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder