West Brook 7 Kingwood 6

ESPN

This was a great ballgame. It was game of who would make the most costly error and at the end Kingwood came thru. WB in my opinion deserve to win as they really hit Kingwood's pitching. The Fergurson kid from WB had 3 hits I believe.

Serna pitched well, thought he was pulled to early but the 2nd pitcher held Kingwood in check.

It's early in district but both teams will have to shore up the defense as 7 errors are too many at this level.

WEST BROOK 7 KINGWOOD 6

KW = 0 0 1 0 3 1 1 = 6 6 5

WB = 0 1 0 2 0 2 2 = 7 12 3

Bruins score twice with 2 outs in 7th to rally past Kingwood, 7-6. David Murphy picks up win in relief while Tim Ferguson and John Falgout each had 3 hits for Bruins. Todd Wallace had game-winning hit while Thad Lycan added 2 run single in bottom of 6th:

Calvert 0-2, 2 SAC

Lycan 1-4, 2 RBI

Serna 0-3, BB

Falgout 3-4, 1 R

Ferguson 3-4, 2 R

Armstrong 1-3, SAC, 1 R

Murphy 2-3, BB, RE, 2 R, 1 RBI

Wallace 1-4, RE, 1 RBI

Balfanz 1-2, HBP, 1 R

Heck of game. Huge win for West Brook against defending state champs (and a team that was state and nationally ranked).

I had the opportunity to watch this game with my son, we are not from WestBrook, however I work with the father of a WestBrook player, We thoroughly enjoyed the Bruins victory over Kingwood. The players from WestBrook never gave up, the crowd was incredible, and I can guarantee we will be back to see more Bruins baseball in the future.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124