Who is the top QB's for the upcoming season in setx???

In no particular order

Ky Walker               PN-G

Jaylon Henderson   Kingwood Park

Michael Jaquet        Bmt. Central

Cody Gaitan            Huffman

D.D. Jackson          Cleveland

Chase Rutledge       WO-S

Kendrick King         Hamshire-Fannett

Grayland Arnold      Kountze

Cade Huckaby        Hull-Daisetta

Jamikel Roberts      San Augustine

Reshod Williams     West Sabine

To name a few. ;)

Reshod Williams is going to be really good!  Jamikel Roberts is the early favorite to be the best in our district but unfortunately for him SA did graduate thier two big "go up and get it" recievers.  WS returns all WR's....  Williams is the better scrambler of the two.....  Don't know who Roberts is going to get to catch his passes.  Best of luck to JMike, great kid and great athlete, but the rest of the district had better watch out for Williams!

Reshod Williams is going to be really good! Jamikel Roberts is the early favorite to be the best in our district but unfortunately for him SA did graduate thier two big "go up and get it" recievers. WS returns all WR's.... Williams is the better scrambler of the two..... Don't know who Roberts is going to get to catch his passes. Best of luck to JMike, great kid and great athlete, but the rest of the district had better watch out for Williams!

If all San Augustine did was throw jump balls to the two big receivers I might agree with you that their loss would hurt big time...but I don't recall them doing that too much. One of the big guys played inside WR and the other was outside. Both very good, but definitely didn't rely on the jump ball/ deep ball. The only game they really threw the ball deep consistently was Shelbyille and that's because shelbyville manned up all night and SA was getting past them untouched at the LOS. Don't sleep on what SA could trot out at WR next year.

And I'm not sold on Williams being the better scrambler. The two are pretty similar athletically with Jmike being the bigger of the 2 I believe. At several camps this summer Jmike has consistently ran in the 4.5-4.6 range including being named QB MVP of the ETSN combine and recently at the Blue-Grey Super Combine (invite only) for the Blue-Grey All American Game. He also ran on both the sprint and 800 relays in Austin this past spring. There is obviously more to scrambling/being a running threat but 1000+ rushing yards from the QB spot speaks for itself.

And I know you weren't downing Jmike in anyway, and I have no intentions of downing Reshod either. Both are great kids, with great potential and skills. I just like to speak up for Jmike just as you speak up for Reshod.

Personally I wish the WS-SA game was week 11 instead of week 7 so that we could see these 2 go at it for a possible district championship.

Tune in to KUBE 57 on 8/28 to watch Manvel's D"Eriq King and former WOS QB Dillon Sterling-Cole in the Manvel / Westfield game. Both will be juniors this fall.

King's soph year: 2586 passing yard, 36TDs, 1290 rushing yards, 17 TD, 3876 total yards and 53 total TDs

Sterling-Cole's soph year: 2232 passing yards, 25 TDs, 417 rushing yards, 9 TDs, 2649 total yards and 34 total TDs

If all San Augustine did was throw jump balls to the two big receivers I might agree with you that their loss would hurt big time...but I don't recall them doing that too much. One of the big guys played inside WR and the other was outside. Both very good, but definitely didn't rely on the jump ball/ deep ball. The only game they really threw the ball deep consistently was Shelbyille and that's because shelbyville manned up all night and SA was getting past them untouched at the LOS. Don't sleep on what SA could trot out at WR next year.

And I'm not sold on Williams being the better scrambler. The two are pretty similar athletically with Jmike being the bigger of the 2 I believe. At several camps this summer Jmike has consistently ran in the 4.5-4.6 range including being named QB MVP of the ETSN combine and recently at the Blue-Grey Super Combine (invite only) for the Blue-Grey All American Game. He also ran on both the sprint and 800 relays in Austin this past spring. There is obviously more to scrambling/being a running threat but 1000+ rushing yards from the QB spot speaks for itself.

And I know you weren't downing Jmike in anyway, and I have no intentions of downing Reshod either. Both are great kids, with great potential and skills. I just like to speak up for Jmike just as you speak up for Reshod.

Personally I wish the WS-SA game was week 11 instead of week 7 so that we could see these 2 go at it for a possible district championship.

I agree. Good post!  Yes, I was in no way knocking on JMike.  The kid is the real deal. I didnt mean to imply that all he did was throw jump balls because I did see first hand that what he did throw was well timed, well placed deep balls to some very fast and very gifted WR's that did graduate this past school year.  IMO, JMike is the better passer but Reshod is the better/faster scrambling QB.  Regardless, both of these young men are very talented and very good/respectful kids.  I enjoy watching both of them play and kudos to the parents of both for raising genuinely good kids!

Have to agree with NDOMAKONG, Sage has to be in on this conversation and possibly other positions as well.

i am honestly telling you from watching this kid since he arrived from HACKBERRY, he is cursed by his talent to play it all. He should have stayed at Qb from day one and I not just saying this. He is better there than any position you guys think now he is good at. He won me over in middle school.

When Sage played QB for the freshman team, the offense was really fun to watch. With Sage at QB and Barton running the ball, most of the games were settled by halftime. If indeed he does play QB, the backfield will be exciting with Seay, Krautz, and Barton. I just hope if he plays QB that Neumann will let him double as a safety like Kendal Briles did for Stephenville back in the day! Any other news on the rumored transfer QB from Clear Lake?